- Vince’s wife is Jennifer Ferrin. She played Jennifer (as in Jennifer and Dusty) on the CBS daytime soap As the World Turns. She was also in an episode of Fringe. I like her.
- Â Wasn’t that police chief in Alien Nation? Poor Eric Pierpoint, he wasn’t long for The Cape universe.
- Â The partner is already dead in the first two minutes of the show. Wonderful.
- Â I kind of like the comic book-y open.
- Â They’re kind of overdoing the father-son love at the beginning. You have an amazing bond with him, Vince. We get it.
- Â Peter Fleming = the villain. Wants to take over the police and the prisons. James Frain, I love you.
- Â Vince and son read The Cape comic book. So that’s where he gets the idea.
- Â Wow. The drama is beyond over-the-top. Trying to figure out if I like that or not.
- Â “My life is like a game of chess.” I almost thought Frain was going to say “a box of chocolates.”
- Â After Fleming reveals himself as Chess, Vince has this ‘so that’s who the masked man is’ look on his face. Couldn’t he tell from the guy’s accent? They just had a one-on-one meeting with each other.
- Â Fleming sets up Faraday for the Chief’s murder. Now he’s at some circus with Keith David. So happy to see this actor.
- Â 187 â€“ Vince’s weight. And the police code for murder.
- Â I think I’m going to like this Carnival of Crime.
- Â Why would Vince’s Ark card still work anywhere?
- Â Favorite line alert: “Do we think the raccoon acted alone?”
- Â I actually thought that Vince’s family was going to be killed. I’m glad they didn’t go there.
- Â Keith David is always badass. He never disappoints.
- Â The cape is made entirely of spider silk? Could The Cape be more Batman?
- Â Max to Vince during training: “Spin, spin, spin, snap it!” All of a sudden, I have this image in my head of Robin Williams in The Birdcage saying: “You do Fosse Fosse Fosse Fosse Fosse! You do Martha Graham Martha Graham Martha Graham, or Twyla Twyla Twyla, or Michael Kidde Michael Kidde Michael Kidde Michael Kidde, or Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonnaâ€¦ but you keep it all inside.” My mind works in mysterious ways.
- Â I don’t think I’m feelin’ David Lyons yet.
- Â I like how badass Rollo is though.
- Â Wow, that first fight was just silly. I guess it was supposed to prove that maybe The Cape isn’t quite ready for primetime yet?
- Â The hood Vince is wearing is slightly reminding me of Oliver’s Green Arrow hood on Smallville.
- Â First Summer Glau sighting at 32 minutes in. She’s Orwell.
- Â Watchtower, SmallvilleÂ + Eyes Only, Dark Angel = Orwell, The Cape?
- Â Seriously? Exposition while he’s laying on the ground bleeding to death? Oh, at least they make fun of all that right after. Happy they’re not taking themselves too seriously.
- Is that it for Elise Neal? She was barely in the pilot.
- Â Seriously? I’m sorry, call me jaded but that crying was just too much. The swell of the music too.
- First Impression: Just don’t think it’s a pilot that immediately hooks me. Going to have to give it a second episode and maybe a third.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People, which US audiences still have not been able…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…