Random Thoughts about Community “Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design”
Last night’s Community was one of the best of the season. I couldn’t pinpoint the greatest moment because there was so much to love about “Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design.”Â Â
- It could have been the dialogue â€“ there were so many great lines.
- It could have been the fact Jeff and Annie spent a lot of time together. I’ve always seen their chemistry but I’ve also thought that Annie’s way too you young for the Wing-man. But when Jeff tackled Annie and they were on the ground together, it was such a great moment; one that was crackling with chemistry. I became a Jeff/Annie fan.
- And the conspiracy theory stand-off was pretty amazing too. Dean Pelton makes me laugh hysterically and when each double cross happened I couldn’t stop laughing solely from his over-the-top reactions.
- And the fact that he’s writing a novel is hysterical as well.
- And, yes, I’ve said this before, but his man crush on Jeff never gets old.
- The blanket fort was beyond brilliant. I love how under the sheets it was a whole new way of life.
- I can’t believe Jeff tried to use the name Professor Professorson.
- The fact that Jeff was really trying to pass off a conspiracy theory class as independent study was such a cocky lawyer thing to do. The guy is ambitious when it comes to slacking his way through school. It’s admirable.
- The characters on this show don’t always make sense. Sometimes I don’t know what they’re saying and I don’t care. I still laugh.
- Pierce went an entire episode without saying a single word. Plus, he still has the casts on. So great.
- Abed and Troy’s ‘jammies were adorable. I just really dig their friendship and their unwillingness to be mainstream. I’m all for a cardboard submarine.
- Was Kevin Corrigan channeling Christopher Walken as Professor Professorson?
- It was great to see Corrigan, by the way. He’s been in “Grounded for Life,” “Fringe,” and ‘The Black Donnellys.” He’s starred in countless movies like “The Departed,” “Goodfellas,” and one of my favorites, “Living in Oblivion.”
- I donâ€™t know what Abed and Troy’s underground (or underblanket) existence reminded me of the most. Was it that pirate city in the original Star Wars?
- The chase through blanky-town was cool with them hitting different sectors like the Turkish district and wherever Britta was mysteriously hanging out. There was also a Latvian independence parade.
- Annie’s diorama was vibrant and just so very her down to the sunglasses on the animals. She lives life in bright colors.
- The explosive threat against Annie’s investigation turned out to be a miniscule pop that blew up the toy car. Hilarious, laugh out loud moment.
- I liked how it was during the deceptions Annie brought up the kiss from last season’s finale. Pretty ingenious and not at all expected.
- The characters make references to shows on non-NBC networks. Very funny.
- I just love how truly bizarre Community is.
- “Thanks but I think I’ll find something more grown up to do.” “Enjoy eating fiber and watching The Mentalist.”
- “You’re going to Nancy Screw me out of my credits.”
- “Looks like someone sent us a message. A tiny, thoroughly, underwhelming message.”
- “I’m sorry, Shirley, but who wants to hang out a blanket fort with grown men in tiny underoos. Hello!
- “You shouldn’t be in here, Leonard, you already have three farting strikes against you.”
- “Did you just mispronounce et cetera?” “My Latin class was fake, Jeff.”
- “I’m proud of Annie. She took to deception like Abed took to Cougar Town.”
Community is clearly the funniest comedy on TV and I’m beyond glad NBC has ordered two more episodes of this under-rated show bringing the Season Two total to 24 installments. I actually applaud the peacock network for that decision.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People, which US audiences still have not been able…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…