What I love about this show is also what I ultimatelyÂ dislike about it. Iâ€™ve always been an intermittent GG watcher. I get all excited for the premiere because I love teen angst; itâ€™s probably my favorite genre. I love high school shows but when they â€œgraduateâ€ there is often a problem. The problem started they headed off to college (and other things) but I keep coming back.
Letâ€™s look at what Iâ€™m hating right now:
- Danâ€™s naÃ¯vetÃ©. I donâ€™t care what kind of documentation Georgina has. I donâ€™t for one second think Milo is Danâ€™s kid. I like that Rufus got so defensive and combative on Danâ€™s behalf. They have many, many reasons not to trust Georgina. And she just happens to be carrying the birth certificate around in her bag? Thatâ€™s a little too convenient.
- Nateâ€™s storyline. Iâ€™m not even sure where to start. I donâ€™t believe heâ€™d ever crack open Chuckâ€™s black book, no matter how badly he was hurting. I feel like this show never knows what to do with Nate. Heâ€™s always involved in some storyline that I either donâ€™t believe or just doesnâ€™t make sense. I do like the way his relationship with Serena began â€“ this year, not the way it began in the first season â€“ and I thought it had somewhere to go. I guess the problem I really have is that all these relationships burn so bright they burn themselves out. And quickly. And although I loved me some Katie Cassidy on Melrose Place (although not so much on Supernatural), Iâ€™m already dubious of her storyline. Is she just a social climber trying to get in good with Manhattanâ€™s elite? Iâ€™m willing to give it one maybe two more episodes before I make my final decision. The only thing I like about her character so far is her hair. Itâ€™s a much nicer shade of blonde than itâ€™s been in the past.
Things I might be getting tired of:
- Â Blair and Serenaâ€™s petty fights. Arenâ€™t they supposed to be best friends? Just because Blair feels Serena has stolen a prince from her clutches doesnâ€™t mean she has any business pushing her best friend into a fountain. Is she 10? I am somewhat willing to give her a pass because sheâ€™s still in mourning over Chuck. But she treated Louis pretty badly so she doesnâ€™t deserve him. Itâ€™s clear sheâ€™s not ready to date so I think some quality time alone is just what un mÃ©decin ordered.
What I always tend to enjoy:
- Blair and Chuck. Their relationship always fascinates me. Whether theyâ€™re together and scheming or apart and forlorn, they are always a couple I root for. I particularly liked that we didnâ€™t see Chuck until the final few minutes of last nightâ€™s show. It might have been fun to see him actually lose his memory, but Chuck notâ€™s as much fun without all his baggage. I like that heâ€™s acting out of the ordinary and that he actually has regrets. It makes him that much more tortured and worthy of Blair. Heâ€™s got more repenting to do but heâ€™s on the road back.
What I love right now:
- I donâ€™t know what their budgets are, but Iâ€™m so happy GG decided to film on location in Paris. It just feels authentic. And I havenâ€™t lived in New York for a while but watching this show makes we want to rediscover itâ€¦well, parts of it.
- The fashion. Sometimes I donâ€™t understand what theyâ€™re wearing but I feel like its very fashion forward and interesting. Iâ€™m never board with the clothes.
- Lily and Rufus. After some issues last year Iâ€™m happy to see these two back on solid ground. I also love Eleanor and Iâ€™m sorry we didnâ€™t see her hubby in this episode. They are so cute together.
- Vanessa. Although I donâ€™t necessarily love everything the show has put her through I feel like sheâ€™s a very good friend at the end of the day who has Danâ€™s back, and he desperately needs that. Iâ€™m sorry that their romance fizzled last year because I think it had some potential. I wouldnâ€™t be surprised if they werenâ€™t together again soon.
So even though it might not be entirely clear here, I am fan of the show. At least for right now. When and if that changes I will certainly let you know.
What did you think? Did enjoy this time spent in Paris? Did you see next weekâ€™s preview? Iâ€™ll be there.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Dennis Heaton Talks The Imperfects
Longtime readers at TV Goodness will know that Motive is one of my ride-or-die series, and as such, I am fiercely loyal to its creator, Dennis Heaton. He followed up that fantastic reverse procedural with Netflix’s The Order and is back on our streaming screens with The Imperfects, which dropped…
Kelly McCormack Talks Favorite Moments in A League of Their Own
[Warning: Mild spoilers for season 1.] Now that you’ve had a chance to watch A League of Their Own, here’s the rest of my chat with Kelly McCormack about her favorite moments of the season. Seeing the iconic Peaches uniforms for the first time wasn’t just a goosebump moment for…
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…