What I love about this show is also what I ultimatelyÂ dislike about it. Iâ€™ve always been an intermittent GG watcher. I get all excited for the premiere because I love teen angst; itâ€™s probably my favorite genre. I love high school shows but when they â€œgraduateâ€ there is often a problem. The problem started they headed off to college (and other things) but I keep coming back.
Letâ€™s look at what Iâ€™m hating right now:
- Danâ€™s naÃ¯vetÃ©. I donâ€™t care what kind of documentation Georgina has. I donâ€™t for one second think Milo is Danâ€™s kid. I like that Rufus got so defensive and combative on Danâ€™s behalf. They have many, many reasons not to trust Georgina. And she just happens to be carrying the birth certificate around in her bag? Thatâ€™s a little too convenient.
- Nateâ€™s storyline. Iâ€™m not even sure where to start. I donâ€™t believe heâ€™d ever crack open Chuckâ€™s black book, no matter how badly he was hurting. I feel like this show never knows what to do with Nate. Heâ€™s always involved in some storyline that I either donâ€™t believe or just doesnâ€™t make sense. I do like the way his relationship with Serena began â€“ this year, not the way it began in the first season â€“ and I thought it had somewhere to go. I guess the problem I really have is that all these relationships burn so bright they burn themselves out. And quickly. And although I loved me some Katie Cassidy on Melrose Place (although not so much on Supernatural), Iâ€™m already dubious of her storyline. Is she just a social climber trying to get in good with Manhattanâ€™s elite? Iâ€™m willing to give it one maybe two more episodes before I make my final decision. The only thing I like about her character so far is her hair. Itâ€™s a much nicer shade of blonde than itâ€™s been in the past.
Things I might be getting tired of:
- Â Blair and Serenaâ€™s petty fights. Arenâ€™t they supposed to be best friends? Just because Blair feels Serena has stolen a prince from her clutches doesnâ€™t mean she has any business pushing her best friend into a fountain. Is she 10? I am somewhat willing to give her a pass because sheâ€™s still in mourning over Chuck. But she treated Louis pretty badly so she doesnâ€™t deserve him. Itâ€™s clear sheâ€™s not ready to date so I think some quality time alone is just what un mÃ©decin ordered.
What I always tend to enjoy:
- Blair and Chuck. Their relationship always fascinates me. Whether theyâ€™re together and scheming or apart and forlorn, they are always a couple I root for. I particularly liked that we didnâ€™t see Chuck until the final few minutes of last nightâ€™s show. It might have been fun to see him actually lose his memory, but Chuck notâ€™s as much fun without all his baggage. I like that heâ€™s acting out of the ordinary and that he actually has regrets. It makes him that much more tortured and worthy of Blair. Heâ€™s got more repenting to do but heâ€™s on the road back.
What I love right now:
- I donâ€™t know what their budgets are, but Iâ€™m so happy GG decided to film on location in Paris. It just feels authentic. And I havenâ€™t lived in New York for a while but watching this show makes we want to rediscover itâ€¦well, parts of it.
- The fashion. Sometimes I donâ€™t understand what theyâ€™re wearing but I feel like its very fashion forward and interesting. Iâ€™m never board with the clothes.
- Lily and Rufus. After some issues last year Iâ€™m happy to see these two back on solid ground. I also love Eleanor and Iâ€™m sorry we didnâ€™t see her hubby in this episode. They are so cute together.
- Vanessa. Although I donâ€™t necessarily love everything the show has put her through I feel like sheâ€™s a very good friend at the end of the day who has Danâ€™s back, and he desperately needs that. Iâ€™m sorry that their romance fizzled last year because I think it had some potential. I wouldnâ€™t be surprised if they werenâ€™t together again soon.
So even though it might not be entirely clear here, I am fan of the show. At least for right now. When and if that changes I will certainly let you know.
What did you think? Did enjoy this time spent in Paris? Did you see next weekâ€™s preview? Iâ€™ll be there.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Tyler Hynes Talks Through His Eight-Film Hallmark Holiday Library
Things you realize when you have to re-record your shows on a new DVR – just how many Hallmark movies your people have done. Fan favorite – and one of ours – Tyler Hynes has done eight Christmas movies for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries since 2018. Alongside…
Spencer Creaghan Talks About Creating SurrealEstate’s Signature Sound
SurrealEstate is winding down its second season, with two episodes left, and just as in Season 1, Spencer Creaghan’s music continues to be a character unto itself. And every week, he shares tidbits with the fans via his s social media channels, something he started to help give them an…
Andrew Walker Talks Christmas Island and the Magical Hallmark Community
[Warning: Spoilers for Christmas Island.] Now that the Screen Actors Guild strike has been resolved, we’re able to resume regularly scheduled programming and interview our favorites and yours. Up first, earlier today, I spoke with Andrew Walker about Christmas Island, which premiered last weekend and encores tonight and through the…
George Olson and Danishka Esterhazy Talk SurrealEstate “I Put a Spell on You”
[Warning: Spoilers for the episode.] Tonight’s fun new SurrealEstate found Luke caught up in an especially bewitching woman, Kay, played by Tara Yelland, Susan trapped in her house, and Zooey learning the ropes. In the next part of my conversation with showrunner George R. Olson and producing director Danishka Esterhazy,…
Danishka Esterhazy Talks SurrealEstate: “The Butler Didn’t”
[Warning: General spoilers for the episode]. Tonight’s new SurrealEstate, “The Butler Didn’t,” follows the team as they investigate the years-earlier mysterious death of a woman whose ghost now reenacts her hanging by dropping over the banister from the second floor to terrify anyone on the landing or at the bottom…
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk the From Season 2 finale
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale.] How’s everyone doing after that finale? While we wait and wonder and hope for a third season announcement, soon, here’s what Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders had to say about their parts of the finale, and where they hope they get to go next….
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk From Season 2 + A Season Finale Preview
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] It all comes down this, #FROMily. As Sunday’s episode wraps up Season 2, we begin with the aftermath of the terrifying onset of seemingly simultaneous attacks on Julie, Marielle, and Randall, which accelerate the “We gotta get out of this place” of it all. Sara comes…
Alison Sweeney Talks About What’s Next for Hannah and Mike After Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery
[Warning: Spoilers for Carrot Cake Murder.] Everybody OK after that Hannah Swensen Mystery twist? Thankfully, our favorite crime-solving couple is still on speaking term, even if they’re on a break (hopefully not that kind of break). Most importantly, we already know this isn’t the last film in the series. No…
Counting Down to From Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] We’re just shy of two weeks away from Season 2 of last spring’s obsession, From, which premieres at 9 pm/8c, Sunday, April 23rd, on MGM+ (formerly EPIX). If you never picked it up last year, now’s your chance, and you can do it for free, catching…
Thank Me Later: Will Trent
[Warning: spoilers ahead.] I’m on record as loving and losing shows over at ABC so I’m usually very reticent to pick something up on the network until it’s been renewed, and I seriously hope I’m not jinxing it, but I took a chance on the deeply odd and very sweet…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…