White Collar’s Season 4 Premiere: Thoughts while watching “Wanted”
- Mekhi Phifer guest stars as the fed going after Neal. I’m kinda sorta having flashbacks of his Torchwood: Miracle Day character. It’s a little too soon for me to see him in another role like that one. Instead of going after Captain Jack, he’s going after our favorite fugitive, Neal Caffrey.
- Oh look, James Rebhorn. White Collar has my permission to use him as much as possible. To this day, I still remember him best as the dastardly Bradley Raines from the daytime soap Guiding Light. Don’t judge.
- OK, shirtless Neal. Getting out of a pool. I’m liking this new season of White Collar already. We’re only five minutes into the premiere.
- We just saw shirtless Neal but the shot that took my breath away was when he put on the hat in the shop. The music was fun. His piercing blue eyes were simply perfection. I’m liking this fugitive Neal business.
- When in island mode, Neal gets all flirty with one of the locals. I can’t help but think of Sara. Sue me.
- Still the old show open we know and love. I can’t help but think they’re still going to pull a switcheroo on us. That brief flirtation with a new White Collar open scarred me a little bit.
- It’s been six weeks since Neal and Peter were still partners. Too long. But I’m excited to see how they reunite.
- Gregg Henry sighting. He’s a local bigwig (Henry Dobbs) that Mozzie brings Neal to for help. Apparently he’s the man around these parts. I love Gregg Henry. Henry was in “The Train Job” episode of Firefly; he’s been in everything from Castle to 24 to Gilmore Girls; most recently he was Chief Director of the U.S. Marshals on A&E’s Breakout Kings. His character was last seen trying to put the screws to Ray after the Marshal killed serial killer Damien Fontleroy. Of course, Breakout Kings was canceled after season two so we’ll never know if he got his way.
- So glad Judith Ivey is back as Neal’s dad’s ex-partner.
- Neal is really rolling out the romantic red carpet for the cafÃ© woman. Building the NY skyline out of plaster molds and sand? Priceless. And hot.
- “I’ll never be an open book. But New York was a pretty big chapter.” I love that line.
- Neal and Maya playing 20 questions is a pretty cute scene. She gets to know a little bit about this guy who is going out of his way to woo her.
- Elizabeth Burke is so frickin’ fierce. Of course she can get E. Parker to talk to her husband. It’s a new season but she continues to be badass.
- Peter is showing me how much he cares about Neal and how much he respects Neal even though he’s a fugitive. It’s so refreshing after a season where they weren’t always on the same page.
- I can’t believe they’re showing Neal shirtless again. In the same episode. Apparently Neal’s willingness to answer 20 questions got him the girl.
- Mia Maestro is playing Maya. I think I know her best from her Alias days when she played Nadia Santos, Sydney Bristow’s half sister.
- Peter finally gets a hold of Neal and warns him about Mekhi Phifer’s Agent Collins who’s on a mission to get Neal by any means necessary. Love how Peter’s confident he and Neal will be reunited. Neal, on the other hand, thinks their partnership is over. He should know better. You can tell, however, that Neal misses Peter something fierce.
- I love Mozzie. That’s all.
- Both Mozzie and Neal look so good under the island sun.
- I hope we get some quality airtime for Jones and Diana this season.
- Collins is such a jerk. In his next role, I want Phifer to play someone likable.
- Trying to find and to warn Neal just got Peter put on leave from the FBI. He’s such a good friend.
- “You run, I run. That’s the deal.” — Go Moz! That line has a Backdraft feel to it. In that movie the firefighters had each other’s backs saying: “You go…we go…”
- Sometimes Peter knows Neal so well. He knew the hat guy would know where and who Neal was.
- “It’s a long way to come to say you’re sorry.” “He’s a good friend. He’s worth it.” I don’t think Peter could be any cuter.
- Reunited and we get a hug. Neal looks like he doesn’t want to give into the hug at first. But he does.
- Neal goes to Dobbs for help. He so shouldn’t have.There’s no honor among thieves.
- How great are Peter/Mozzie scenes? I’ve grown to love them.
- A White Collar cliffhanger to end the premiere? Love it. But the next episode needs to get here now. Hopefully, Peter will be able to save Neal from Collins.
White Collar airs Tuesdays on USA Network at 9/8c.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People, which US audiences still have not been able…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…