Dancing with the Stars “Season 22 Week 6” aka Famous Dances Night
This week’s Dancing with the Stars was a momentous occasion: Lenâ€™s birthday! And to celebrate, it was Famous Dances Night! The routines could be from movies or music videos. After being away from their partners for a week, would the couples reuniteÂ and gel like before? Not one but two contestants were injuredÂ during rehearsals. Would those celebs sit this week out or would they step up and dance? Letâ€™s see how the couples did:
Kim Fields and Sasha Farber
Phone Number: 1-800-868-3406
- This is my favorite performance that Kim and Sasha have done so far. The woman was injured and she didnâ€™t even look it! Kim is more under the radar and people shouldnâ€™t under estimate her in this race to the Mirror Ball. Carrie Ann Inaba mentions her energy was slightly under where it needed to be but, overall, it was well done.
Score: Carrie Ann-8, Len-8, Bruno-8; Total: 24
Von Miller and Witney Carson
Inspiration: “Bad” Video (Michael Jackson)
Phone Number: 800-868-3411
Hereâ€™s the thing: Von’s got all the moves and did a nice job. Hereâ€™s my issue: I feel like he doesnâ€™t go the extra mile. Iâ€™m not sure how to totally describe it, but there is some kind of disconnect with Von. Maybe he thinks because he has the moves down he doesnâ€™t have to do too much more than that. I don’t know.
Score: Carrie Ann-8, Len-8, Bruno-8; Total: 24
Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe
Inspiration: “Try” Video (Pink)
Phone Number: 800-868-3405
- An injured Jodie came back and showed why she is doing DWTS. It was a dangerous and fantastic routine. They struggled with the lift but you didnâ€™t notice much. When someone is so hard on herself or himself, they get frustrated. The only thing they can do is put it into a dance like this one.
Score: Carrie Ann-9, Len-8, Bruno-8; Total: 25
Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas
Inspiration: Austin Powers
Phone Number: 800-868-3410
- After finding out their original song wasnâ€™t available, they had a shorter time to get their dance together. The routine really captured the movie and had all the ingredients. Mark was also able to show some of Paigeâ€™s athletic abilities in this dance that got them the 10 from Len.
Score: Carrie Ann-9, Len-10, Bruno-9; Total: 28
Nyle DiMarco and Peta Murgatroyd
Inspiration: The Mask
Phone Number: 800-868-3409
- Itâ€™s still crazy what this guy can do but with that said, it wasnâ€™t his best night. They lost sync a couple of times and it was the first time I saw mistakes with Nyle. It was almost like he was over confident. In his video package he came off really cocky and as Len said it will annoy people. I was disappointed in Nyle this week mainly because he told the world he was the best dancer in the competition.
Score: Carrie Ann-8, Len-8, Bruno-9; Total: 25
Ginger Zee and Val Chmerkovskiy
Inspiration: “Nasty” Video (Janet Jackson)
Phone Number: 800-868-3404
- Hereâ€™s the thing: Ginger got most of the choreography. She is a very clean dancer. Unfortunately, it was too â€œcheerleaderâ€ for me (no offense to cheerleaders). She needed to be nastier. Again, this is about more than the moves. It’s also feeling what the song is about.
Score: Carrie Ann-8, Len-8, Bruno-8; Total: 24
Doug Flutie and Karina Smirnoff
Inspiration: Slumdog Millionaire
Phone Number: 800-868-3402
- Doug is probably one of the weaker dancers but he was impressive with this routine. This is a man that works hard and you see it. Carrie Ann said something about him being out of step with Karina at one point but I didnâ€™t see that.
Score: Carrie Ann-7, Len-7, Bruno-7; Total: 21
Wanya Morris and Lindsay Arnold
Inspiration: “Bye Bye Bye” (*NSYNC at the 2000 MTV Video Awards)
Phone Number: 800-868-3412
- Amazing! Lance and Joey were there to cheer them on! (If you donâ€™t know who Lance and Joey are, Iâ€™m sad for you) Wanya did not like getting low scores the week before and it motivated him to be better. This is one of my favorite dances of the season. I thought he was going to get three 10s but apparently Len is looking for something a little extra from Wanya.
Score: Carrie Ann-10, Len-9, Bruno-10; Total: 29
Antonio Brown and Sharna Burgess
Phone Number: 800-868-3401
- It was full of attack and vigor.(Now I sound like Len) Antonio’sÂ timing was a little off, but it was highly entertaining. He really showed he wanted to be there with Sharna and, apparently, the judges were impressed. I was a bit surprised that Antonio got all 9s because of his timing but who knows what it looked like to the judges.
Score: Carrie Ann-9, Len-9-, Bruno-9; Total: 27
Now for the elimination. Three couples were told they were in jeopardy: Paige and Mark; Doug and Karina; and Von and Witney. The remaining couples were told they were safe.
The couple leaving this week was Doug and Karina. Compared to the others this is probably the right call. But donâ€™t forget to vote!
Erin: â€œWe got your shorts, Tom. There you are.â€
Tom: â€œStop yelling, Iâ€™m hosting!â€
Tom: â€œWeâ€™ll fix it in post.â€
Erin: â€œWho ever thought that Tom would run that fast?â€
Tom: â€œYou finally found a dance for all your facial expressions.â€
Tom: â€œRemember, we gave you a cake.â€
Len: â€œI am kinder as I get older.â€
Len: â€œHow many 10s have you given out, sweetheart?â€
Tom: â€œIf you decide later you want a restraining order, we can arrange that.â€
Tom: â€œAlan and Britney, they are a chiropractorâ€™s dream.â€
Tom: â€œBefore you dislocate somethingâ€¦â€
Next week is Team Dance week: the men against the women! There is no Derek this time so itâ€™s anyoneâ€™s game.
Dancing with the Stars Season 22 airs Monday nights at 8/7c on ABC.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Tyler Hynes Talks Through His Eight-Film Hallmark Holiday Library
Things you realize when you have to re-record your shows on a new DVR – just how many Hallmark movies your people have done. Fan favorite – and one of ours – Tyler Hynes has done eight Christmas movies for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries since 2018. Alongside…
Spencer Creaghan Talks About Creating SurrealEstate’s Signature Sound
SurrealEstate is winding down its second season, with two episodes left, and just as in Season 1, Spencer Creaghan’s music continues to be a character unto itself. And every week, he shares tidbits with the fans via his s social media channels, something he started to help give them an…
Andrew Walker Talks Christmas Island and the Magical Hallmark Community
[Warning: Spoilers for Christmas Island.] Now that the Screen Actors Guild strike has been resolved, we’re able to resume regularly scheduled programming and interview our favorites and yours. Up first, earlier today, I spoke with Andrew Walker about Christmas Island, which premiered last weekend and encores tonight and through the…
George Olson and Danishka Esterhazy Talk SurrealEstate “I Put a Spell on You”
[Warning: Spoilers for the episode.] Tonight’s fun new SurrealEstate found Luke caught up in an especially bewitching woman, Kay, played by Tara Yelland, Susan trapped in her house, and Zooey learning the ropes. In the next part of my conversation with showrunner George R. Olson and producing director Danishka Esterhazy,…
Danishka Esterhazy Talks SurrealEstate: “The Butler Didn’t”
[Warning: General spoilers for the episode]. Tonight’s new SurrealEstate, “The Butler Didn’t,” follows the team as they investigate the years-earlier mysterious death of a woman whose ghost now reenacts her hanging by dropping over the banister from the second floor to terrify anyone on the landing or at the bottom…
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk the From Season 2 finale
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale.] How’s everyone doing after that finale? While we wait and wonder and hope for a third season announcement, soon, here’s what Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders had to say about their parts of the finale, and where they hope they get to go next….
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk From Season 2 + A Season Finale Preview
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] It all comes down this, #FROMily. As Sunday’s episode wraps up Season 2, we begin with the aftermath of the terrifying onset of seemingly simultaneous attacks on Julie, Marielle, and Randall, which accelerate the “We gotta get out of this place” of it all. Sara comes…
Alison Sweeney Talks About What’s Next for Hannah and Mike After Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery
[Warning: Spoilers for Carrot Cake Murder.] Everybody OK after that Hannah Swensen Mystery twist? Thankfully, our favorite crime-solving couple is still on speaking term, even if they’re on a break (hopefully not that kind of break). Most importantly, we already know this isn’t the last film in the series. No…
Counting Down to From Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] We’re just shy of two weeks away from Season 2 of last spring’s obsession, From, which premieres at 9 pm/8c, Sunday, April 23rd, on MGM+ (formerly EPIX). If you never picked it up last year, now’s your chance, and you can do it for free, catching…
Thank Me Later: Will Trent
[Warning: spoilers ahead.] I’m on record as loving and losing shows over at ABC so I’m usually very reticent to pick something up on the network until it’s been renewed, and I seriously hope I’m not jinxing it, but I took a chance on the deeply odd and very sweet…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…