Revenge isÂ finallyÂ back. The last time we saw Ben and Emily — they were about about to get busy. Jack saw themÂ making outÂ which made himÂ sad. A new resident of The Hamptons showed up (Gina Torres‘ Natalie). Louise and Nolan gotÂ married and Margaux wasÂ on the warpath.
In “Bait,” a big bombshell dropped. Hereâ€™s what we know:
- This Ben and Emily thing doesnâ€™t work for me at all. Poor Jack! (How many times do I type that?)
- There is a new supercouple: Louise and Nolan. Or should we call them Loulan or Noise? Itâ€™s not Bennifer but at least we have choices.
- We find out Victoriaâ€™s father-in-law has passed away and Victoria thinks she is getting money from him. But Victoria gets the surprise of her life whenÂ her new â€œfriendâ€ Natalie is actually the newest wife of the Senior Grayson. Victoria gets some dogs and Natalie gets everything else. Nice twist/bombshell, Revenge.
- Margaux gets the FBI involved when she realizes her computer has been hacked. Is she turning into the new Victoria? She is determined to destroy Emily. Wasnâ€™t she in the hospital and they told her no stress?
- Jack goes to see Emily to tell her about his feelings but instead finds out about the video Margaux has and totally freaks out. When is poor Jack going to get a break?
- Louiseâ€™s brother, Lyman (what a name!) hasnâ€™t left town and is determined to get money from Louise. You have to give it to him. He is persistent.
- Natalie â€œaccidentallyâ€ meets David Clarke at a bar. She offers him Grandpa Graysonâ€™s boat and all she wants is a drink. Maybe Natalie is the new Victoria? But letâ€™s be honest, Victoria is the new Victoria.
- Jack tries to talk to Margaux. But she knows she is being played and thinks she has outsmarted him.
- Lyman overhears Victoria and a lawyer talking about contesting the Grayson will. He knows when to use an opportunity and says he will be her lawyer. Victoria makes him prove it. Well, Lyman finds out that not only was Natalie stripped of her nursing license, she has swindled money from others. Victoria is a happy gal.
- Victoria is in the restaurant when Natalie is served with papers. Â Even though Natalie gives this whole speech about how she really did love Grayson, Victoria knows that she is falling right into her trap.
- Margaux is obsessed with getting Emily. Â She has the FBI ready because she thinks that they are going catch Emily in the act but surprise itâ€™s Louise and Emily and Nolan are steps ahead of her.
- I love how Emily and Margaux declare war on each other in a special way.
- This part isnâ€™t news: Jack declares his love for Emily. He tells her, â€œItâ€™s always been you.â€ Â Emily rejects him. Why? What is wrong with her? Jack tells her that he is not waiting around. Does he mean this because how many Poor Jacks do we have left?
- Margaux blackmails Ben. So something went down with his ex-wife and he is willing to do anything to not let that get out. Did he beat her? Is she crazy? We know she is going to show up at some point.
- Now I get why the Ben and Emily thing is necessary. That doesnâ€™t mean I have to like it.
Will Victoria win her contention against Natalie? Will David figure out that Natalie is bad news? Will Emily get over herself and let Jack be with her? What secret is Ben carrying about his ex-wife? See you next time.
Revenge airs Sundays on ABC at 10/9c.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…