10. Ioan Gruffudd â€“ I am FOREVER thankful that I can watch this HANDSOME, classically trained actor bring his BIG talent to the SMALL screen every week. The Welsh actor with the SMOLDERING eyes and DELIGHTFUL accent portrays Dr. Henry Morgan, a New York Medical Examiner, who has the fortune or misfortune of returning to life each and every time he dies. The best part of his departure from this world is his return. Dr. Morgan reemerges from a body of water, NAKED. He is easy on the eyes, not to mention the ears.
9. Judd Hirsch â€“ I am FOREVER thankful to see this very talented and still handsome 79-year-old actor back in primetime. Best known for his role as Alexis Rieger on the sitcom classic, â€œTaxiâ€; Hirsch is better than ever. In fact, playing Abe, the adopted son of Henry Morgan may be his best performance in a TV series to date. Henry adopted Abe when he was a child; however, Henry is immortal whereas, Abe is not. Abe is an antique dealer and is always there for Henry. Heâ€™s always around to pick his dad/Henry up in a TAXI after he emerges NAKED from water after dying one more time only to return to us. He also provides him with sound, fatherly advice, even though he is Henryâ€™s son. Hirsch brings devilish charm, humor, smarts and sweetness to his FOREVER role. The scenes between Gruffudd and Hirsch are simply magical.
8. Alana de la Garza â€“ I am FOREVER thankful that Alana was cast as the no nonsense NYPD detective, Jo Martinez. Best known for her role on the original Law & Order as ADA Connie Rubirosa, sheâ€™s now partnered with Gruffudd. Although, the two do not have a sparkling chemistry yet, the young detective and perplexing medical examiner have formed a budding friendship, not to mention a successful partnership. Do these two have the potential to become the next ABC super couple aka CASKETT aka Rick Castle and Kate Beckett? If ABC picks FOREVER up for additional seasons, I say, YES!
7. FOREVER snags a full-season order â€“ I am FOREVER thankful that ABC is serving up additional episodes, at least through May of 2015. FOREVER is a huge hit with itsÂ fans; however, in its current Tuesday night time slot, itâ€™s not a big ratings getter for the network. That being said, the show has so much potential. With the time travel element and the stellar cast and the possible romance between Morgan and Martinez, in my opinion, it would serve as a great replacement if and when Castle ever goes off the air. I donâ€™t want to see that happen. I love both shows. FOREVER makes Tuesday night TV interesting to watch again.
6. ABCâ€™s Men at 10 Promo â€“ I am FOREVER thankful that someone at ABC was creative enough to come up with this eye candy promo. Iâ€™ve been saying for years that Rick Castle is my Monday night boyfriend and now I have a Tuesday night TV boyfriend too. (They are not really my boyfriends) WINK â€“ WINK! Someone at ABC was reading my mind! LOL! The promo itself features Rick Castle and Henry Morgan in a support group. Here it is:
5. FOREVER/CASTLE Crossover â€“ maybe? â€“ I would be FOREVER thankful if ABC would provide fans with a crossover episode. Ioan Gruffudd portrayed Erik Vaughn in Season 5, Episode 22: “The Squab and the Quail” on ABCâ€™s Castle.
Go with me on this one, after all, both of these shows are fiction! Hereâ€™s my fantasy plot. On FOREVER, Dr. Henry Morgan and Detective Martinez are in need of some additional help involving a case and they decide to call in writer, Rick Castle and his bride, homicide detective Kate Beckett. Kateâ€™s been at it a little longer than Jo; therefore, the two ladies can put their heads together and solve the case. Of course, they won’t be alone, because theyâ€™ll have their men alongside of them. As soon as CASKETT sees Dr. Henry Morgan, they know something isnâ€™t quite right. Castle and Beckett will recognize him, but they will not be able to figure out why he looks so much like Erik Vaughn, who had a crush on Kate. Dr. Morgan will have to explain that heâ€™s somehow related to Mr. Vaughn and that he has no intentions towards Rickâ€™s new wife. As fans, weâ€™ll know that it was Dr. Henry Morgan in that episode of Castle, because after all, Henryâ€™s had many lives. Itâ€™s just a thought. I think it would be an exciting and fun filled crossover event.
4. Time Travel â€“ I am FOREVER thankful for the exciting adventures that Henry provides us with each week when he goes back in time in his mind or otherwise to relive his other lives. In the pilot episode, we met up with Henry on a slave ship and since then, weâ€™ve seen Henry work as a doctor, meet the love of his life, adopt Abe (Judd Hirsch) and all over a 200 year time span. Each and every event helps him solve the mysterious cases that he is working on as a medical examiner, while trying to figure out why he canâ€™t die.
3. Immortality â€“ I am FOREVER thankful that we get to explore the possibility of immortality, even if it is only for one hour a week on a Tuesday night. Through Henryâ€™s eyes, we get to see if living forever would be worth it. Do we spend too much time worrying about the past and the future and not enough time living in the present? With that being said, thereâ€™s always the possibility that weâ€™d learn from our past mistakes and make things right the next time around. FOREVERÂ provides me and hopefully other viewers with the opportunity to escape our own life circumstances. As for me, FOREVER always leaves me feeling HOPEFUL!
2. FOREVER Recognized â€“ ABCâ€™s breakout hit, FOREVER is one of the nominees for a Peopleâ€™s Choice AwardÂ 2015 in the category of Favorite New TV Drama.
Just a reminder, Iâ€™m not telling anyone to vote for FOREVER, Iâ€™m just letting the fans know that the option is available to them. Voting ends on Thursday, December 4. The 41st annual People’s Choice Awards 2015 will air live on CBS on Jan. 7, 2015.
1. Ioan Gruffudd â€“Here are my top 10 Reasons that I am FOREVER thankful for this Brilliant Actor who came to us by the way of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Heâ€™s Tall, Talented, Intelligent, Funny, Handsome, Sexy, has Smoldering Eyes, Dark Hair, wears his Five o’clock Shadow well, his Welsh Accent throws me into a tizzy. Yes â€“ for all of these reasons, I am thankful for Ioan Gruffudd and ABCâ€™s show fascinating show FOREVER on this Thanksgiving Holiday.
Forever airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on ABC.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…