Dancing with the Stars “Season 18 Week 6” aka Party Anthem Week [PHOTOS]
It’s Party Anthem week and how fitting it is to have Redfoo from LMFAO as the guest judge. Itâ€™s the halfway point of the competition and people are getting really stressed. (Some more than others)
All the couples were lined up and the first couple safe was Nene and Tony. And they got to dance first.
Letâ€™s see how everyone did.
Nene Leakes and Tony Dovolani
Dance: Â Salsa
- Itâ€™s no secret that Iâ€™m a fan and I thought the girl came out and danced! Last week after we saw how upset she was about what went down with her and Tony, it was nice to see her have some fun and include her husband, Greg, in the routine.
Score: 8-Carrie Ann, 8- Len, 9- Redfoo, 8-Bruno; Total: 33
Voting number: 800-868-3401
After the commercial break James & Peta and Candace & Mark were told whether they were safe or in jeopardy:
- James & Peta – Safe
- Candace & Mark – In Jeopardy
Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas
Dance: Â Cha Cha Cha
- I thought she got all the steps but there was something missing at times during the dance for me. The judges described it as being in and out. Was she a bit shaken finding out she was in jeopardy since she almost went home last week? Maybe thatâ€™s it. She can definitely dance she just has to be more relaxed.
Score: 8-Carrie Ann, 8- Len, 8- Redfoo, 8-Bruno; Total: 32
Voting number: 800-868-3407
James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd:
- In my opinion, Quickstep is the hardest of all the dances. After last weekâ€™s perfect score, would they repeat? James struggled a lot during rehearsals and it wasnâ€™t as good as last time but it was still really well done. I do think they are probably going to the finals. (And he doesnâ€™t hurt to look at!)
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 8- Len, 9- Redfoo, 9-Bruno; Total: 35
Voting number: 800-868-3402
Another great Macyâ€™s Stars of Dance performance happened. I think itâ€™s amazing how Derek gets to create more interesting dances to showcase how amazing we all know he is. The guy won an Emmy for peteâ€™s sake!
The Chmerkoyskiy Brothers and their partners were the next to find out if they were safe or in jeopardy:
- Meryl & Maks – Safe
- Danica & Val – In Jeopardy
Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Dance: Â Cha Cha Cha
- Last weekâ€™s almost perfect score (and it should have been!) gave Danica confidence that she needed. She said the only reason she has made it this far is because of Val and how he pushes her. It was a good dance but at times I found some of her movements a little awkward. I do agree that Val has done an amazing job with her.
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 9- Redfoo, 9-Bruno; Total: 36
Voting number: 800-868-3403
Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- During the package before the dance, you could see Maks was getting really frustrated and somehow, Meryl is able to calm him down as well as open up like nobody else has. Itâ€™s nice to see that Maks has a vulnerable side. He wants to do the best he can for her and he is. This dance was by far the best dance of the night and that chemistry between them is off the charts. Â They were rewarded with their first perfect score!
Score: 10-Carrie Ann, 10- Len, 10- Redfoo, 10-Bruno; Total: 40
Voting number: 800-868-3406
The last three couples were on stage and found out that they would not know their fate until after all three had danced.
Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke
- Drew had a feeling he was going home this week but Cheryl wouldnâ€™t let him go there. Drew is always fun to watch and did mess up a little but he just went out there and had a good time.
Score: 8-Carrie Ann, 7- Len, 9-Redfoo, 8-Bruno; Total: 32
Voting number: 800-868-3409
Charlie White and Sharna Burgess
Dance: Â Cha Cha Cha
- This week there was some traveling involved since Charlie and Meryl are performing in Stars on Ice. This guy is just amazing how he follows through on every move. The last time he did a Latin dance, the judges gave him a hard time because he wasnâ€™t moving his hips enough. Sharna did wonders on his â€œhip action.â€
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 9- Redfoo, 9-Bruno; Total: 36
Voting number: 800-868-3412
Amy Purdy and Derek Hough
Dance: Â Jive
- After struggling so much last week with her Waltz during rehearsals, it was nice to see Amy just have fun with this dance. I know everyone is saying this each week but what she can do just astounds me every time. As Bruno said, â€œThis is a real life superhero.â€
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 10- Redfoo, 10-Bruno; Total: 38
Voting number: 800-868-3410
Now the three couples would learn if they were safe or in jeopardy:
- Drew & Cheryl – In Jeopardy
- Amy & Derek and Charlie & Sharna – Safe
The three couples in jeopardy — Candace & Mark, Drew& Cheryl and Danica & Val — would learn which couple was going home. The first couple safe was Danica & Val. Then it came down to Candace & Mark or Drew & Cheryl.
The couple going home: Drew & Cheryl.
Even though I like them it was time for them to go.
Tom: â€œRedfoo, the first guest judge to make Bruno look like an accountant.â€
Tom: â€œTony getting his moneyâ€™s worth from his chest waxing earlier today.â€
Tom: â€œIs it cold in here because both of your nipples popped out.â€
Candace: â€œThis sexy thing is hard work.â€
Tom: â€œActually you can switch electricity on and off.â€
Tom: â€œYou can book an appointment at Markâ€™s Arrested Adolescent Spa anytime.â€
Redfoo: Â â€œThat reminds me of two crabs in the sand.â€
Redfoo: â€œYou just put love in the club.â€
Tom: â€œAfter watching you judge a few dances, itâ€™s almost like watching Carrie Ann and Brunoâ€™s love child.â€
Erin: Â â€œWhat do you do when you are calm? Give a perm?â€
Redfoo: â€œI say E.T. phone home. Â You know why? Â Because that was out of this world.â€
Redfoo: Â â€œYou had the stanky pimp face.â€
Drew: â€œIâ€™m like a dad at a wedding.â€ Bruno: â€œâ€¦..after a few drinks.â€
Bruno: â€œThis is a real life superhero.â€
Next week is Latin Week with guest judgeâ€¦..wait for itâ€¦â€¦Ricky Martin! Iâ€™m giddy like a pre-teen about this one! The couples have to do two dances. Yikes! See you then.
Dancing with the Stars airs on Mondays at 8pm on ABC.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…