The original gang is back together! Itâ€™s Disney night and it wonâ€™t end like a fairy tale because a couple does go home. A new guest judge and former winner, Donny Osmond, is back. (And doing a little too much, touchy-feely stuff with Bruno). He also has some history with Disney. Â Walt Disney discovered his brothers, so he is why Donny is in show business. Also Donnyâ€™s voice is in the movie Mulan as Captain Shang. Letâ€™s break it down.
All the couples stood waiting to see if they were safe or in jeopardy. Two couples were called out. Charlie and Sharna and Drew and Cherylâ€¦both couples were safe so it was time to dance.
Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke
Disney song: â€œFriend like Meâ€ from Aladdin
- Drew and Cheryl were back and she was very happy with Drewâ€™s progress from working with Witney. All the judges agreed that the performance was great but Drew has to work on his technique. Even Donny, who is not a fan of the Quickstep gave Drew some great advice that he received when he was on the show: â€œyour arm has to come from the core.â€ Of course Bruno was a little handsy with Donny and the jokes went on. (See favorite quotes below) Â They did get to dance with the Genie from Aladdin which added to the special Disney night.
Score: 7-Carrie Ann, 7- Len, 7-Donny, 7-Bruno; Total: 28
Voting number: 800-868-3409
Charlie White and Sharna Burgess
Disney song: â€œSupercalifragilisticexpialidociousâ€ from Mary Poppins
- This dance was almost perfect except Charlie dropped his cane at one point, but recovered nicely. The steps were really complicated but we all know Charlie is an excellent dancer. He seems to be able to handle anything Sharna or in last weekâ€™s case, Peta, can throw at him. The best part was Charlie and Sharna were the first couple to receive a 10 from Len this season! He is not an easy man to please.
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 10- Len, 9- Donny, 9-Bruno; Total: 37
Voting number: 800-868-3412
After the commercial break four more couples found out if they were safe or in jeopardy:
Amy and Derek – safe
Danica and Val – safe
Nene and Tony – in jeopardy
Cody and Witney – in jeopardy
Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
Disney song: â€œBe Our Guestâ€ from Beauty and the Beast
- Much like Donny Osmond, Quickstep is my least favorite dance. But I have to say that this was probably one of the best ones Iâ€™ve seen on the show. Not only was it a fantastic dance, it also captured the true spirit of Beauty and the Beast. I thought Len should have given the 10. He said they lost body contact but no one else seemed to notice that. Carrie Ann hugged Danica. Iâ€™m surprised Danica didnâ€™t start jumping around! Maybe she did off camera. â˜º
Score: 10-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 10-Donny, 10-Bruno; Total: 39
Voting number: 800-868-3403
Amy Purdy and Derek Hough
Disney song: â€œSo This is Loveâ€ from Cinderella
- For the first time, we saw Amy struggle with a dance during the week. The things that would seem simple to all of us were not working for her and she got really frustrated. For someone who clearly has a good attitude about life considering her circumstances, I think it was nice to see how she is still vulnerable and has those moments. Donny said her dancing is more than inspiring. I thought it was beautiful and even though it wasnâ€™t her best dance for the season, itâ€™s still better than most.
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 10- Donny, 9-Bruno; Total: 37
Voting number: 800-868-3410
Cody Simpson and Witney Carson
Disney song: â€œI Just Canâ€™t Wait to be Kingâ€ from The Lion King
- Letâ€™s establish that Cody knows how to dance and move. I was a little surprise how nice the judges were because I thought he still had too much hip hop inspired dance moves in his Samba. The only one who called him out on something was Donny. Donny said it didnâ€™t look like it came across as if Cody was enjoying the dance. He knew he would hear it from some of Codyâ€™s fans and apparently he did on Twitter. I have to agree with Donny about this. It wasnâ€™t bad but I wasnâ€™t in love with the dance as some of the judges were.
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 8- Len, 8- Donny, 9-Bruno; Total: 34
Voting number: 800-868-3408
Nene Leakes and Tony Dovolani
- In the package before they danced, Nene and Tony were not getting along. The â€œSwitch Upâ€ didnâ€™t look like it was a good thing for the pair. It looked really bad but they didnâ€™t show if they made up or anything. They did however deliver a great dance. This is probably Neneâ€™s best. Carrie Ann thought that it was Tonyâ€™s best choreography. Nene cried and Tony seemed a bit upset that the show only showed the fight that he and Nene had.
Disney song: â€œCruella De Vilâ€ from 101 Dalmatians
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 9-Donny, 9-Bruno; Total: 36
Voting number: 800-868-3401
The last three couples would not know their fate until after all of them had danced. But one of the couples was in jeopardy.
James Maslow and Peta MurgatroydÂ
Disney Song: â€œLet It Goâ€ from Frozen
- James Maslow is my official crush this season! In the package he talked about this girl Hannah who made a video that asked him to her Prom. Well James canâ€™t go because of his schedule with DWTS, so he bought plane tickets for her, Hannahâ€™s mom and sister to come to Los Angeles and go to the show. James surprised her on the set and it was really amazing. How can you not love this guy! Hannah was in the audience and she definitely was a good luck charm. James and Peta earned the first perfect score of the season! It was powerful and beautiful.
Score: 10-Carrie Ann, 10- Len, 10-Donny, 10-Bruno; Total: 40
Voting number: 800-868-3402
Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Â
Dance: Â Samba
Disney song: â€œI Want to be Like Youâ€ from The Jungle Book
- The chemistry with these two is off the charts. Maks was actually worried because he thinks of the Samba as more of a sexy dance and it needed to be more comical. Maks isnâ€™t known for his comedy. But it ended up being a cute dance. He seems to come across as more mellow with Meryl than any other partner. It is nice to see this side of him.
Score: 9-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 9- Donny, 9-Bruno; Total: 36
Voting number: 800-868-3406
Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas
Dance: Â Samba
Disney song: â€œUnder the Seaâ€ from The Little Mermaid
- Last week Candace was at the bottom of the pack but she came back strong this week. She was even willing to show a little more skin than normal. Carrie Ann mentioned that she is freer in her dancing but she still needs to let go more.
Score: 8-Carrie Ann, 9- Len, 9- Donny, 9-Bruno; Total: 35
Voting number: 800-868-3407
Then the last three couples found out where they stood:
Candace and Mark – Jeopardy
James and Peta-Safe
Maks and Meryl-Safe
So it came down to Nene and Tony; Cody and Witney; and Candace and Mark. Who would go home? The first to be safe was Nene and Tony. Now it was between Cody and Witney and Candace and Mark. Â The couple eliminated was: Cody and Witney. I was surprised because he has millions of followers. I think Candace and Mark thought they were out but I think the right choice was made.
Tom: â€œWeâ€™re doing some conscious recoupling.â€
Donny: â€œYou know what? I feel like Iâ€™m home.â€
Drew: â€œI noticed that Cherylâ€™s not getting as frustrated. Thanks Witney.â€
Tom: â€œBy the end of the night you are going to have a restraining order against Bruno.â€
Len: â€œDonâ€™t worry about Mary Poppins. That was eye poppinâ€™, show stoppinâ€™, and jaw droppin!â€
Tom: â€œIf you want to take a look at how they trained, you know Iâ€™m going for the pun; Be Our Guest.â€
Val: â€œI think Maks has rubbed off a little on Danica. I think sheâ€™s turned into a self-centered, egotistical, completely irrational, emotional bitch. Thanks Maks. (Laughs)â€
Erin: â€œDid you get lessons from your brother on how to be a beast?â€
Bruno: â€œListen to the good fairy.â€
Tom: â€œIf we have to separate you two we will!â€
Nene: â€œThank God we are not married in real life because we would be divorced.â€
Peta: â€œOnce a day you get a little rub.â€
Len: â€œThat would melt the coldest heart, even mine.â€
Maks: â€œI can never show up in Brooklyn again after this.â€
Next week is â€œParty Anthemâ€ Week with guest judge, Redfoo, from LMFAO. Â Should be fun! See you then.
Dancing with the Stars airs on Mondays at 8pm on ABC.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…