[WARNING: Some spoilers if you’re not caught up on your favorite TV shows]
Well, Hello! Come on in. The tree is lit, the egg is nogged (never enough nog, people. Never enough) the Elf has been put back up on that shelf for the last time and a small forest’s worth of wrapping paper is littering the house, waiting to be recycled (Did you know Santa is Green? He is) while all the kiddos are playing with the cardboard boxes their expensive toys came in.
So what better time is there for all of us here at TV Goodness to present our Christmas Wish Lists: Television Edition? I didn’t get that pony I’ve been angling for, so maybe the TV Elves will look kindly on us all, and we’ll get what we really, really want the next time we turn on that flatscreen. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, y’all!
And please beware, while most of us were reasonable with our lists, a couple of us went way overboard and asked for the moon and the stars (and by “us” we mean Tina and Cortney).
- While I acknowledge that wishing ill upon anyone, even fictional, is totally not within the parameters of ‘Christmas Spirit,’ I really want Tom (Ryan Eggold) from The Blacklist to disappear. He can get a job at a fancy Swiss boarding school as far as I care, as long as he goes away and doesn’t come back to my show. Ever. There is, sadly, no chemistry between Tom and TV wife, Elizabeth Keen (Megan Boone), and he just drags her down. I don’t wish you ill, Thomas. I just want the gift of your absence.
- Like a character in so many versions of A Christmas Carol, I’d like to be able to take a look back, but this time to all the sweet, fun little shows that got the boot. And I’d like other people to see them as well, and give them a chance. Ben and Kate was an adorable show with characters that truly cared about each other, a brother-sister dynamic that struck me as completely authentic, the cutest kid I’ve ever seen on television (Maggie Elizabeth Jones as Maddie Fox) and Lucy Punch (Bad Teacher; Hot Fuzz; Dinner For Schmucks) Lucy Punch! What it didn’t have was viewers. The same fate hit Back in the Game, an awesome, quirky little show that just didn’t have the support it needed. Maggie Lawson (Psych), Lenora Crichlow (BBC’s Being Human), James Caan (Uh. Everything) and Griffin Gluck (playing Lawson’s son, and Caan’s grandson, Danny Gannon) all deserve better. And not just for Christmas.
- Peace on Earth. Just kidding; I really love shows where stuff blows up and things catch on fire. But, I do wish peace for the Katherine Beckett (Stana Katic) and Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) nuptials. While I understand Castle is a program dependent on drama and intrigue, I really want a nice wedding with a beautiful bride in a stunning dress and a beaming groom barely holding back tears at the first sight of his beloved at the end of the aisle. No kidnapped bride; no groom getting shot; no daughter disappearing or, God forbid, a long-lost child showing up and wrecking everything. I really want them to have The Day. Their Day. Bullets, bombs and bloodshed can wait until after the honeymoon (I hear Tahiti is a magical place. Maybe they should go there).
- For amnesia to not be used as a plot device on any other show this season.
- For Scarlett to not fall down the same rabbit hole as Deacon from Too. Much. Drama. On Nashville.
- All I want is Emily and Jack to be together on Revenge. (Even though I like Aiden too!)
- All I want is Scandal to continue on its path of greatness.
- All I want is General Hospital and Days of Our Lives to stay on the air.
- All I want is for Elliot Stabler to visit Law & Order SVU. (Just one episode!)
All I want is for…
- Joel and Julia to work things out on Parenthood. They were such an amazing couple and I know all couples hit rough patches, but I’m over theirs. They are stronger than this so lets fix it.
- Haven to get a final season. The end of this season was not a series finale. I’m okay with Haven only getting 8 or 10 episodes to wrap it up, but we need some kind of conclusion. I will be the one troubled if they leave us hanging.
- Natalie Zea to return on The Following. Thanks to all the promos, we know that Joe Carroll will be back, but what about Claire?! She is a vital part of Ryan’s life and we all know he’s already an emotional wreck…if she dies, it may give him great incentive but I truly don’t know if he could handle it.
- More Miles and Rachel flashbacks on Revolution. Just as they started to give us the backstory on these two, they took it away. Yes, I know they’re fighting the good ol’ U S of A and trying to stay alive, but I need more about why these two are so drawn to each other!
- New Girl to stop making Winston so dumb. He is a great character and can be really funny, there is no need to dumb him down to this level of stupidity. His quirks are what make him funny, focus on those and stop making him such a nitwit.
- Meredith and Christina to stop being enemies on Grey’s Anatomy. They are each other’s “person” and while I get that they’re going their separate directions in life and are destined to drift apart at times, they have become downright mean to one another. And I don’t like it one bit. Frankly, it makes me uncomfortable to watch and I find it hard to believe that they really loved each other at all if they can treat each other this way. They may not be all dark and twisty like they were at first, but their friendship was the one constant on this show and it needs to come back.
- Nashville to get rid of Lyla. Done. Out. Over her. There is nothing redeeming about her bratty character and now she is making enemies everywhere she goes…first Juliette, now Jeff. And she’s a total deadweight for Will. Time to let her go. As Jeff said, “there’s always another runner up”.
- The Blacklist to finally give us the scoop on Tom. Is he good? Is he bad? I am so tired of jumping back and forth. First Lizzie trusts him then she questions him then she trusts him and then she questions him again. He seems to have an excuse (often flimsy) for everything Lizzie throws at him, but enough is enough. Red has repeatedly told her not to trust him and now it’s time he tell us why.
- Since Iâ€™m hooked on the NBC daytime soap Days of our Lives right now, I need Eric and Nicole together sooner rather than later. And when it happens Eric needs to be shirtless.
- From the CWâ€™s Supernatural, I would love to have all this Gadreel business over and done with so Sam and Dean can, once again, be brothers fighting TOGETHER against demons, angels and other supernatural creatures. Winchesters vs. the Supernatural universe FTW, not Winchester vs. Winchester, please.
- And staying with Supernatural, Dean needs to have a meltdown sooner rather than later. His lies and his guilt and his pain have all been piling up. And also his worry for Sam and making sure that he doesnâ€™t lose his brother forever. When I think meltdown I donâ€™t picture something loud and violent and brutal. I picture something like Buffy’s in season five of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She completely shut down and became catatonic. That’s the kind of meltdown I envision. Something on that super angsty level.
- I need more great lines, nicknames and Revolutionary observations from Ichabod Crane and Abbie Mills on Sleepy Hollow. And more #SuperSleepy tweeting from Orlando Jones. And, come to think of it, I need more CW actors tweeting for each otherâ€™s shows (i.e. Arrow‘s Stephen Amell live tweeting the Supernatural mid-season finale).
- I would like Carter to be resurrected on Person of Interest. And while Iâ€™m playing the resurrection game, then Iâ€™d like The Walking Deadâ€™s Hershel back. Sorry Brody. Iâ€™m totally okay with your TV death. It was brutal but redemptive. A great moment for Homeland.
- I need more Hot Paul on Orphan Black. More Quinn on Homeland. Less Charlotte on Revenge. But more Nolan and Patrick on Revenge. They can have all of Charlotteâ€™s time.
- I need sweet, sappy Christmas movies to play year around. Like a whole channel devoted to them.
- Â The new Sherlock season to be the best effing thing Iâ€™ve ever seen.
- Â And for The Vampire Diaries to consistently write Bonnie in a badass way and to please show her, Jeremy and Matt more frequently in the back half of season five. I’m tired of them being absent all the time.
- Â And I want the rest of Suits season three to be on in January instead of March. That also goes for season 2 of Orphan Black and Vikings, which return with new episodes in April and the end of February, respectively.
- Â Finally, I would like 80 more hours added on to the week so I can catch up on all my shows before mid-season starts.
Merry Christmas, everyone! What’s on your Holiday TV Wish List?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People, which US audiences still have not been able…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…