NCIS Season Premiere Preview: “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
[WARNING: Spoilers for season 11 premiere]
We’re nearing the end of the summer season, it’s time to start thinking about Fall TV. NCIS is going to be high on our radar. Anytime a show loses a major character, it’s big.
And whether you’re a fan of the Ziva David character or not, Cote de Pablo’s exit will have a significant impact on the show. It’s going to change the very landscape of the series in its 11th season. CBS recently released the synopsis for the upcoming premiere, which airs Tuesday, Sept. 24. The network also released a photo as well as a promo for what’s going to be one of the most anticipated openers forÂ NCISÂ in a long time. Let’s break it down:
Official Synopsis for â€œWhiskey Tango Foxtrotâ€: An explosion at a D.C. event that results in a casualty connected to the agency changes Parsonsâ€™ perspective on Gibbs and the NCIS team. Â Meanwhile, without badges, DiNozzo and McGee investigate the case as civilians, despite the caseâ€™s dangerous ties to each of them, on the 11thÂ season premiere of NCIS,Â Tuesday, Sept. 24Â (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.Â Guest stars include Colin Hanks as Department of Defense IG Investigator Richard Parsons and Joe Spano as Senior FBI Agent T.C. Fornell.
- Hmm….Parsons changes his perspective on Gibbs and co. Does that mean he’ll actually be on Team Gibbs? Things don’t look all that icy in the CBS photo above. Admittedly, I didn’t dig the way Parsons really had it out for Gibbs at the end of season ten. So if we can count Colin Hanks’ character as an ally this time around, I’m all for it.
- My favorite part of this very brief synopsis? DiNozzo and McGee investigating the case as civilians, “despite the case’s dangerous ties to each of them.” I don’t know about you guys but I’m all for some quality Tony/Tim scenes. I love when these two work together in a non-competitive, totally have each other’s back kind of way. I didn’t like how Tony was excluded from Ziva’s big revengeance plan last season. I want to see a DiNozzo/McGee situation like the one they had in the season seven premiere “Truth or Consequences.” They were so in synch in that particular episode. It was a thing of beauty.
- I relish any time we get a dose of Fornell. He is one of my favorite recurring NCIS characters of all time. And, after the events of “Damned if You Do,” it’s expected for him to be making an appearance.
- By the way, why isn’t the premiere called “Damned if You Don’t”? Inquiring minds want to know.
- A further look at the CBS press release about “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” (love this title) yields some interesting results. The guest cast list gives a few more hints as to what may go down in “WTF.”
- Aside from Colin Hanks and Joe Spano, Alan Dale is listed. That means we’re getting more of former NCIS Director, Tom Morrow, which is always welcome. We’re also getting more of current Secretary of the Navy, Clayton Jarvis (Matt Craven). So this episode feels like it’s going to be huge.
- Allan Louis’ [Privileged, Twisted, POI] Navy Captain Dominick Wayne is back — he appeared in “Damned if You Do.” The character of Adam Eshel is also back.
- Costas Mandylor is on board as a character namedÂ TomÃ¡s Mendez. He has a bit of an NCIS connection. Back in the ’90s, he played Lauren Holly’s love interest on the David E. Kelley series Picket Fences. Holly, as we know, played NCIS Director Jenny Shepard from season three to five.
- Also listed as returning are the actors who play the young Ziva (Gabi Coccio) and the younger Eli David (Ben Morrison). So that means we should expect flashbacks.
- I’m thinking that the promo below contains scenes from the first two episodes. We know that the story of how Ziva leaves NCIS for good will continue into the second installment of the season. From reading various spoilers this summer, NCIS boss Gary Glasberg has talked about how Tony’s search for Ziva really culminates in the follow up to “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.”
EDITED TO ADD: I can’t believe I forgot to talk about the fact a very scruffy Tony makes an appearance in the promo below. It’s probably my favorite part of the entire 30 seconds because now I want to know how an always clean-shaven very special agent Anthony DiNozzo gets to that point. And how long that means he’s on the search for Ziva. I’m kind of hoping he keeps the scruffiness for a couple of episodes (at least). Kind of like how Gibbs kept the moustache when he came back from his Mexican hiatus after “quitting” NCIS. Please, please, please let Tony keep the beard for a little bit, pretty please?
Â NCIS “Whiskey Tango Foxtrot” debuts Tuesday, Sept. 24 at 8/7c on CBS.
Season Premiere Promo
“WTF” Clip 1
“WTF” Clip 2
Photo Credit for All Images:Â Cliff Lipson/CBS
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Alison Sweeney Talks About What’s Next for Hannah and Mike After Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery
[Warning: Spoilers for Carrot Cake Murder.] Everybody OK after that Hannah Swensen Mystery twist? Thankfully, our favorite crime-solving couple is still on speaking term, even if they’re on a break (hopefully not that kind of break). Most importantly, we already know this isn’t the last film in the series. No…
Counting Down to From Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] We’re just shy of two weeks away from Season 2 of last spring’s obsession, From, which premieres at 9 pm/8c, Sunday, April 23rd, on MGM+ (formerly EPIX). If you never picked it up last year, now’s your chance, and you can do it for free, catching…
Thank Me Later: Will Trent
[Warning: spoilers ahead.] I’m on record as loving and losing shows over at ABC so I’m usually very reticent to pick something up on the network until it’s been renewed, and I seriously hope I’m not jinxing it, but I took a chance on the deeply odd and very sweet…
Dennis Heaton Talks The Imperfects
Longtime readers at TV Goodness will know that Motive is one of my ride-or-die series, and as such, I am fiercely loyal to its creator, Dennis Heaton. He followed up that fantastic reverse procedural with Netflix’s The Order and is back on our streaming screens with The Imperfects, which dropped…
Kelly McCormack Talks Favorite Moments in A League of Their Own
[Warning: Mild spoilers for season 1.] Now that you’ve had a chance to watch A League of Their Own, here’s the rest of my chat with Kelly McCormack about her favorite moments of the season. Seeing the iconic Peaches uniforms for the first time wasn’t just a goosebump moment for…
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…
Leave a Reply