Deja View: Rob Stewart, Suits â€œShadow of a Doubtâ€
Before I get into this edition of Deja View, please permit me to rave aboutÂ SuitsÂ season three. I wasnâ€™t sure how I would take the Darby/British invasion of it all, but as it turns out Iâ€™m loving it. Even though it means some pretty painful situations like Harvey vs. Jessica. Some “Shadow of a Doubt”Â thoughts:
- Is Harvey going to accept Jessicaâ€™s peace offering or strategic move, whatever you want to call it? I, for one, would love it if Harvey called off his hunt for becoming managing partner and decided to be on the same side with Jessica once again. But this show is complicated. The motives for the showâ€™s characters are even more complicated. I just canâ€™t predict what Harveyâ€™s going to do. He may be too far involved in his latest scheme to just call a halt on it now. He might go for broke because he hates being or feeling betrayed.
- The Ava/Jessica scene was a good one. They did have things in common even though Avaâ€™s issues are on a much bigger scale. Iâ€™d like to see more Jessica getting out of the office scenes. Iâ€™d like to see more of Jessica period.
- As much as I dig Harvey and Donna and want them to, ultimately, be together, I canâ€™t tell you how fantastic I think Donna and Stephen are. Their little â€œarrangementâ€ is quite funny and chemistry-filled and fun to watch. And, of course, Stephen wants to extend their deal, if you will. Sheâ€™s Donna. Who wouldnâ€™t?
- I really enjoyed the Mike and Rachel scenes. They work together well. And I like that their moments of struggle (Rachel not telling Mike she might want to go to Stanford for law school) isnâ€™t coming from an outside obstacle like another person. Rachel was momentarily jealous of Katrina, but thatâ€™s not what is causing real trouble for this cute couple. Her law school ambitions are and even though she knows the truth about Mike, that ginormous lie of his will always be sitting there like a lump. Is anyone afraid that Rachelâ€™s dad just might dig into Mikeâ€™s background and come close to finding out that Mikeâ€™s a fraud? I do. I donâ€™t know how Mike does this whole living a lie thing. He comes off so confident and borderline arrogant at times. If I were him, Iâ€™d be crumbling and hiding out somewhere trying not to draw attention to myself. Every case he works is tainted if the truth ever comes out. Yikes.
- Louisâ€™ love of cats is awesome. And I sincerely hope he and Nigel, his British counterpart, can come to terms. Louis needs to be leading the associates. I know he can be a jerk to them, but still, thatâ€™s what Iâ€™d love to see. And I know that he and Nigel have this feud going on, but they would make better allies, right?
- I had no idea that Gary Cole was going to be in this season as much as he has been. I love me some Cole something fierce. His character Cameron Dennis? Not so much. But weâ€™re not supposed to love him so Iâ€™m at peace with my Cameron hatred. I do like that Harveyâ€™s not afraid to go up against his one-time mentor, however.
- And how great hasÂ Max BeesleyÂ been on the show? Like I said earlier, Iâ€™m loving him and Donna. I also liked it that Harvey seemed to start trusting Stephen fairly quickly. But we knew that wasnâ€™t going to last. Thereâ€™s no way it could. But Iâ€™m happy that for the moment, Stephen and Donna are still a go.
- Hereâ€™s a mini-deja view on Beesley. BeforeÂ Suits, I probably knew him best from the moviesÂ GlitterÂ andÂ TorqueÂ as well as the British series that aired here on BBC America calledÂ Hotel Babylon.
And now for our Deja View for Suits â€œShadow of a Doubtâ€
Actor: Rob Stewart
SuitsÂ Role: Corporate Raider Tony Gianopoulos, who colluded with Cameron Dennis when Cameron left him alone with the videotape of Ava bribing the foreign official. You could tell he was a powerful guy. And after Tony and Stephen went up against him, he tried to make Ava pay by dumping the Hessington Oil shares in a bid to try to ruin her company. In the end, he got his way and obtained Hessington Oil, but he gave Ava voting rights (power is really what she craves) and he admitted to the collusion.
TV Credits: I am not going to lie. I love Rob Stewart from way back. He was the lead in a show that started on this experimental late night hour of programming for CBS calledÂ Crimetime after Primetime. The show was calledÂ Tropical HeatÂ (although it was also known asÂ Sweating Bullets). Stewart played former DEA agent turned private investigator Nick Slaughter, who set up a detective agency in Key Mariah, Florida. It was a hot, sexy, cheesy, action-filled series.
Stewart was also in a syndicated series calledÂ Amazon, that aired a few years beforeÂ Lost. Peter Benchely (author ofÂ Jaws) created it. And it was about a group of plane crash survivors. Their flight went down in the Brazilian Amazon jungle. And needless to say, there were plenty of dangers lurking. C. Thomas Howell and Carol Alt also starred.
And I was so happy to see the actor pop up on several CW shows. OnÂ Nikita, he recurred as the dastardly Roan, the numero uno henchman for Percy. Loved Roan. He never really said much but he was badass. Plus, Stewart did a few episodes one of my favorite underrated series,Â The L.A. Complex. He was Gary, the rich doctor Raquel met in AA, although she faked being an alcoholic. She needed money to fund a film she and a couple of her fellow complex dwellers were trying to get made. So she targeted the good doc. The two fell in love but it ended after her lies came out. Too bad the show was canceled before we found out if Raquel was pregnant with Gary’s baby. And, finally, onÂ Beauty and the Beast, he’s Mr. Chandler, Catherine and Heather’s dad. Although in the season one finale, it was discovered that he’s actuallyÂ notÂ Catherine’s biodad after all.
SuitsÂ airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on USA Network. I am beyond excited for next weekâ€™s flashback episode. Donna. Harvey. Can Opener.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…