Alright Arrow fans, letâ€™s admit it, Wednesdays just arenâ€™t the same without our weekly dose of Ollie, Diggle and Thea. Unfortunately, I canâ€™t make the show return any faster, but I can give you a few tidbits from this yearâ€™s PaleyFest panel to hold you over.
Greg Berlanti, Executive Producer
Marc Guggenheim, Executive Producer
Andrew Kreisberg, Executive Producer
Stephen Amell, â€œOliver Queenâ€
Katie Cassidy, â€œLaurel Lanceâ€
David Ramsey, â€œJohn Diggleâ€
Susanna Thompson, â€œMoira Queenâ€
Moderator, Geoff Johns, COO of DC Comics and writer of Arrow “Dead to Rights”
While we didnâ€™t get any top-secret spoilery info, we did get a handful of vague references on what to expect when the show returns.
- Apparently, the big reveal we witnessed in the last new episode will fuel the rest of the season as Tommy and Ollie figure out how to deal with their new dynamic. As Stephen pointed out, every other reveal has been calculated and brought the individual in to the fold, whereas telling Tommy his true identity was a spontaneous act with no intention of making Tommy a 4th Musketeer. And this weighs on Oliver as he realizes that Tommyâ€™s relationship with Laurel could also put him in jeopardy. Weâ€™d like to think Ollieâ€™s oldest friend would stay loyal but as Stephen ventured â€œHe could just roll over in bed and say â€˜Oliver is the vigilanteâ€™â€. In this case, letâ€™s hope Tommy is not about to kiss and tell.
- Oliver and Sladeâ€™s relationship will continue to build this season, but will also change as the result of an unexpected third element. The creators called Slade and Oliver a proto Butch & Sundance so you can bet these two will continue to fight side-by-side, which is something Stephen looks forward to. He told us now that Oliver is no longer lying around the cave and whining for food, heâ€™s become a â€œbig sucker for the islandâ€.
- This next tip was especially vague. When asked about future guest stars, creators teased that â€œa star of a very popular genre showâ€ will soon be appearing in the Arrow-verse. Any guesses?
- And for those who love Ollieâ€™s bow-and-arrow work, there will be two â€œvery coolâ€ archery moments in the third episode back. Even though Stephen doesnâ€™t shoot the actual arrows on the show (only CGI arrows can look THAT perfect), he does have an archery coach and just as with his physical stunts, he takes his training very seriously, even showing off his mock shooting.
- Lastly, for all the fans making the trek to WonderCon, Arrow will be making an appearance this year and Stephen also expressed his excitement about returning to Comic Con this summerâ€¦although as Katie Cassidy pointed out, heâ€™ll no longer be able to walk the streets unnoticed. So if you see a hooded vigilante wandering the convention hall this year, be sure to take a second look, it might just be the real thing.
Arrow returns with new episodes Wednesday, March 20 @ 8/7c.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…