Alright Arrow fans, letâ€™s admit it, Wednesdays just arenâ€™t the same without our weekly dose of Ollie, Diggle and Thea. Unfortunately, I canâ€™t make the show return any faster, but I can give you a few tidbits from this yearâ€™s PaleyFest panel to hold you over.
Greg Berlanti, Executive Producer
Marc Guggenheim, Executive Producer
Andrew Kreisberg, Executive Producer
Stephen Amell, â€œOliver Queenâ€
Katie Cassidy, â€œLaurel Lanceâ€
David Ramsey, â€œJohn Diggleâ€
Susanna Thompson, â€œMoira Queenâ€
Moderator, Geoff Johns, COO of DC Comics and writer of Arrow “Dead to Rights”
While we didnâ€™t get any top-secret spoilery info, we did get a handful of vague references on what to expect when the show returns.
- Apparently, the big reveal we witnessed in the last new episode will fuel the rest of the season as Tommy and Ollie figure out how to deal with their new dynamic. As Stephen pointed out, every other reveal has been calculated and brought the individual in to the fold, whereas telling Tommy his true identity was a spontaneous act with no intention of making Tommy a 4th Musketeer. And this weighs on Oliver as he realizes that Tommyâ€™s relationship with Laurel could also put him in jeopardy. Weâ€™d like to think Ollieâ€™s oldest friend would stay loyal but as Stephen ventured â€œHe could just roll over in bed and say â€˜Oliver is the vigilanteâ€™â€. In this case, letâ€™s hope Tommy is not about to kiss and tell.
- Oliver and Sladeâ€™s relationship will continue to build this season, but will also change as the result of an unexpected third element. The creators called Slade and Oliver a proto Butch & Sundance so you can bet these two will continue to fight side-by-side, which is something Stephen looks forward to. He told us now that Oliver is no longer lying around the cave and whining for food, heâ€™s become a â€œbig sucker for the islandâ€.
- This next tip was especially vague. When asked about future guest stars, creators teased that â€œa star of a very popular genre showâ€ will soon be appearing in the Arrow-verse. Any guesses?
- And for those who love Ollieâ€™s bow-and-arrow work, there will be two â€œvery coolâ€ archery moments in the third episode back. Even though Stephen doesnâ€™t shoot the actual arrows on the show (only CGI arrows can look THAT perfect), he does have an archery coach and just as with his physical stunts, he takes his training very seriously, even showing off his mock shooting.
- Lastly, for all the fans making the trek to WonderCon, Arrow will be making an appearance this year and Stephen also expressed his excitement about returning to Comic Con this summerâ€¦although as Katie Cassidy pointed out, heâ€™ll no longer be able to walk the streets unnoticed. So if you see a hooded vigilante wandering the convention hall this year, be sure to take a second look, it might just be the real thing.
Arrow returns with new episodes Wednesday, March 20 @ 8/7c.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People, which US audiences still have not been able…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…