What They Said: Favorite Quotes from True Blood “Gone, Gone, Gone”
Episode: “Gone, Gone, Gone”
Writer: Alexander Woo
- “In that case, allow me to say, f–k all of you. You are destroying the world based on a book that is thousands of years old. You call that evolved? That’s the opposite of evolved.”
- “She developed the perfect staking device.” “Almost. It chafes your nipples.”
- “Yes. Yes! Oh, my f—ing god, I’ve never actually seen a vampire get staked before. That was awesome.”
- “Don’t worry about her. We’ll bring her back a doggie bag.”
- “Had to practically stand over your hospital bed to keep that Cheeto-headed tramp from giving you her blood.”
- “Thanks for the suggestion but we prefer to do things the old-fashioned way.” “Yeah, you and Blockbuster video.”
- “On the floor. Not you — the gun, dumbf–k.”
- “Know what? I’ll pass. Looking kinda stringy.”
- “Fine, then. I’ll make two. I always wanted kids.”
- “No. We procreate because we want to. Not because some d–khead dipped in afterbirth told us to.”
- “He can have the f–king bar. What’s it worth at this point? You and me, we live in the wind. Just like I did with Eric. We don’t need this place. It’s four walls and plaster. That’s all.”
- “Well, to hell with it, then. I’ll tell you what I need from you. For my going away present…I want you to glamour me. Make me forget about you.” “Hoyt.” “I want you gone. Out of my head. I wanna lay down, go to sleep, close my eyes and not dream about you ever again.” “Hoyt…just take a deep breath and really consider for a sec what you’re askin’. Is this really what you want?” “I want him gone, too.” “Aw — jeez. Come on, now.” “It’s the last thing I’ll ever ask of you. Please take this hurt away from me so that I can go on havin’ my life. Please. Look at me. God damn it, Jessica, I’m not messin’ around. Now, look at me. Make this go away.” “Hoyt Fortenberry, you are…a good, good man with the biggest heart I’ve ever known. You were my first love. I’ll never forget you. You were Jason’s best friend. He won’t forget you either. We’re gonna miss you so, so much. But you are not going to miss us. You are gonna go to Alaska and…you’re gonna start a brand-new life. You’re going to make a whole lot of new friends. You’ll forget aobut Jason. Forget he ever existed. Do you understand?” “Yeah.” “And you’re gonna make some girl the luckiest, happiest girl in the world. And she…she’s going to be your first love. Not me. I am…fading away…and going…going till I vanish from your mind. When I tell you, I want you to close your eyes and count to ten and when you open them, we’ll be gone. “
- “Goodbye, Hoyt.”
- “Ah…who’s the smart one now?
- “I don’t say this to many men, but I love you.”
- “Save room for dessert. I ain’t gonna tell y’all what it is but best believe it’s gonna be flamin’.”
- “Next thing you’ll be saying is that we have a shadow government in an underground complex somewhere.” “You might.” “We do not.”
- “I don’t know nothin’ about birthin’ no baby vampires.”
- “We’re not running. No one f–ks with us in our house.”
Only two more episodes left in season 5. True Blood airs Sundays at 9/8c on HBO.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…