Warning: Spoilers for the NCIS Season 9 finale discussed
An explosive cliffhanger kicked off what’s sure to be a painful hiatus for fans of NCIS. Season 9 came to a close with just about everyone of our favorites in danger. Harper Dearing was out of control and in his quest to get justice for his son that died during a terrorist attack while on board a Navy ship, he decided to hit NCIS where it hurts.
What he did was pretty much blow up its offices — with many employees still inside. It was up to Jonathan Cole aka Agent Casey Stratton to try to dispose of the bomb that was located inside of Vance’s SUV. Clearly, he couldn’t stop it, so the car, probably Cole himself and the NCIS headquarters went boom sending our favorite characters into peril:
- Gibbs went to save Abby who was still in her lab. My guess is she was trying to take care of her babies like the mass spectrometer before getting out of there.
- McGee looked like he took some of the brunt of the blast. He actually may be one of the ones hurt when the show returns this fall, don’t you think? He, of course, wanted to save all the info they had on Dearing. It was smart but it didn’t seem like he was that much in the rush to leave the building. To be fair, a lot of the employees (including Tony) seemed like they could have sped things up a little bit more if you ask me.
- Who knew Cole would kinda sorta redeem himself before becoming one of Dearing’s possible casualties? I liked Scott Wolf in this episode. There’s a slim chance he got away, right?
- Tony and Ziva were in the elevator when the blast went off. The elevator could have protected them but elevators can also be a very, very dangerous place.
- And in what was the most unexpected character in peril situation of them all: Ducky. He was in Florida attending Jimmy’s wedding. Palmer and Breena decided to get married early so Dr. Mallard was simply walking on the beach after the wedding when I assume he got news of what went down at NCIS headquarters. During the phone call, he either had a heart attack or some sort of a stroke. Whatever it was, something happened and our favorite medical examiner collapsed on the beach bringing an end to “Till Death Do Us Part.”
- As for Gibbs’ Season 9 love interest — earlier in the episode, Dearing really got inside Dr. Ryan’s head. He knew all he had to do was threaten her son and get her nasty ex-husband out of jail. His money gave him plenty of power and he wasn’t afraid to use it. The DOD doctor took her son and got out of town.
- By the way, I liked when Gibbs met Ryan’s son, Parker. It was a cute scene.
- I’m not sure what was going on with Vance. Just before the blast, he had told McGee to get out but then I didn’t see him again. So who knows if he was still in the building.
- And then there’s Jimmy. I hate that his NCIS family wasn’t at his wedding. But, for now, he seems to be safe and sound and happy with his new wife.
- Did you get a load of Harper Dearing’s ex-wife, Victoria? The actress who played her was Sheila Kelley, Richard Schiff‘s real-life wife. And just in case you were wondering, Schiff is the actor that plays Harper Dearing. Anyway, you’ve seen plenty of Kelley before. She was Gwen Taylor on L.A. Law back in the day; she was also on Sisters, ER, Gossip Girl and was Zoe during the final season of Lost. On the big screen, she starred in Soapdish and Singles.
So here are some questions for Season 10. Can you believe it’s going to be the show’s tenth year? Unbelievable.
- Who was seriously hurt and are any of the injuries going to affect the way they do their jobs for any amount of time? Or will any of these injuries require any of them to take time off from work?
- What is going on with Ducky? He doesn’t look good at all. Here’s to hoping David McCallum will be back with us next season. After all, he just re-signed for another couple of years.
- How long will Dearing terrorize NCIS? Is everything going to be wrapped up in the fall premiere like this show tends to do or will it go on for several Season 10 episodes?
- Will Dr. Ryan return anytime soon?
- Will the team get to celebrate Jimmy’s marriage in any form or fashion?
- Will the action pick up right away when new episodes return or will there be a jump in time?
- Will NCIS ever get another two-hour episode? I would have appreciated a two-hour finale so that’s just something I want to know.
What did you guys think of NCIS‘ Season 9 finale?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People, which US audiences still have not been able…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…