TV Goodness Reports: Memorable Moments + Scoops from Fox’s Bones Panel @ PaleyFest 2012
Deschanel, Boreanaz, and Conlin
WARNING: SPOILERS DISCUSSED
We knew we were in for a special night the moment we heard we’d get to see the April 2nd episode of Bones. Well, we knew it before then but it was such a pleasant surprise to know the producers were sharing this episode with us. The Q&A that followed was a bit wild, but in a good way. We got some intel about a few upcoming episodes as well as inside information from the cast about their characters.The Moderator:Â
TVLine.com’s Michael Ausiello
Hart Hanson, Creator/Executive Producer
Stephen Nathan, Executive Producer
Emily Deschanel, Dr. Temperance ‘Bones’ Brennan
David Boreanaz, Special Agent Seeley Booth
T.J. Thyne, Dr. Jack Hodgins
Michaela Conlin, Angela Montenegro
John Francis Daley, Dr. Lance Sweets
What We Learned:
- Hart and Stephen knew Booth and Brennan would sleep together after Vincent Nigel-Murray died, but beyond that they were trying to figure out “this dance.”
- Hart and Stephen never thought about hiding Emily’s pregnancy.
- This is still Bones. They’re still solving cases but the baby informs their lives in new ways now.
- David says Booth and Brennan are a couple people want to see.
- Michaela says Angela and Brennan talk about babies and boobs now instead of boys and sex.
- Hart knows Angela’s real name but won’t say what it is. He feels like her dad may tell Hodgins, although T.J. Thyne wonders if her name will end up tattooed somewhere on Hodgins’ body.
- T.J. Thyne says Hodgins went from a genius (or mad) scientist (you, know because of those anger management issues) to a passionate scientist.
- Booth and Sweets in the field together just works. We’ll definitely see more of that.
- Emily says Brennan might be open to marriage now, although Hart was very tricky and said if there’s a wedding it may happen by the end of the series.
- There is a significance to “447,” and it looks like we’ll have to wait until the series finale to find out what it is. We’ll definitely keep seeing those numbers.
Executive Producer Hart Hanson, Deschanel, Boreanaz, Conlin, Thyne, and Daley
- David brought doughnuts for the crowd. He was going to give them out at the beginning of the panel, but it was suggested that anyone who had a good question during the Q&A would be rewarded.
- It was so much fun to hear David and Emily answer some questions in character.
- Even though the show hasn’t been renewed yet, Hart and Stephen can see having two more seasons.
Spoiler Section (for upcoming episodes)
- The title of the April 2nd episode is “The Prisoner in the Pipe.” Guest stars include Jessica Tuck and Pruitt Taylor Vince. Brennan has her baby in a very unexpected location Â and something so shocking happens between Booth and Sweets that I almost couldn’t believe it.
- There’s a meta episode coming up. The producers wanted Brennan and Booth to meet their dopplegangers. One of Brennan’s books is being made into a film so they have a chance to go to Hollywood. Booth’s “cocky “belt buckle is now a “kooky” belt buckle. There is a Hodgins and there is a Cam, but not in the way you’d expect.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Dennis Heaton Talks The Imperfects
Longtime readers at TV Goodness will know that Motive is one of my ride-or-die series, and as such, I am fiercely loyal to its creator, Dennis Heaton. He followed up that fantastic reverse procedural with Netflix’s The Order and is back on our streaming screens with The Imperfects, which dropped…
Kelly McCormack Talks Favorite Moments in A League of Their Own
[Warning: Mild spoilers for season 1.] Now that you’ve had a chance to watch A League of Their Own, here’s the rest of my chat with Kelly McCormack about her favorite moments of the season. Seeing the iconic Peaches uniforms for the first time wasn’t just a goosebump moment for…
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…