We all know how Leslie gets when she fixates on something. So instead of having a fun night at the bowling alley and getting to know some of her future constituents (hopefully), Leslie spends the entire night trying to get some jerk to like her. Meanwhile, Chris, Jerry, Donna, Andy, and April are in charge of fundraising for Team Knope. Things get a little uncomfortable at Casa Dwyer/Ludgate/Wyatt when Jerry tells everyone that Millie’s breaking up with Chris while Chris is out of the room. And those are just some of the highlight’s from “Bowling For Votes.”
There were so many great moments in tonight’s episode. Here are my favorites (which, apparently is most of them):
- Leslie pulling out her scarily thick binder of research on the “bowling comment” guy. I mean, she found out his name – Steve – and even went so far as to find out his average bowling score. Yeah, she’s not obsessive. At all.
- Leslie trying to look laid back and failing spectacularly. I love that she doesn’t know how to be relaxed. I also love that she momentarily forgets how to stand normally. Later, it’s suggested she may even have scoliosis.
- Tom doing it up “Drive” style for bowling. That black jacket with the golden scorpion is hot. Of course, Ryan Gosling‘s white version is amazing but I’m gonna say Tom gives him a run for his money. I don’t mean it, but I’m gonna say it.
- Chris Traeger’s happy dance isn’t nearly as awesome as his dance at April and Andy’s wedding, but it’s still kinda funny – mostly because after that April vows to take him down.
- Ron watching – in horror – as Tom bowls like a child and keeps knocking down a whole lot of pins.
- April changing her personality to suit the person she’s talking to on the phone. It’s hilarious and what’s even funnier is seeing how much she hates what she’s doing.
- Ann and Ron’s reaction to Ron “accidentally” crushing Tom’s finger. Ron can’t believe Tom’s acting like such a baby. Ann – wisely – takes Tom away to help nurse his finger back to health.
- Ben punching Derek right in his face. I love that it surprised Leslie, but may have surprised Ben even more. And, of course, I liked it when Leslie couldn’t stop herself from kissing her big (nope, still small but big enough) strong (no, actually kinda wimpy but still manly) man.
- April trying to comfort Chris by doing something nice. She gives him three movie tickets (as a gesture) thinking she, Andy, and Chris can go to the movies together sometime. And she hugs him. Awwwww.
- Leslie trying to stay on message and apologize for Ben’s actions but changing her mind. She calls Derek out for his horrible attitude and behavior. She says what Ben did was awesome and she can’t be sorry about it. And maybe that’s what her campaign needed to turn itself around.
- Ron sneaking into the bowling alley in disguise and using Tom’s method to bowl a perfect game. When the owner wants to put Ron’s name up on the wall, Ron tells him he was never there and they’ll never speak of it again.
“I actually thought that she was smart and I’d vote for her. Although I once knew a Leslie and, uh, she was just awful. So now I hate all Leslies. Would she consider changing her name?”
“Is everybody feeling good?” “Oh, I don’t know Jerry. It’s Sunday night, I’m making phone calls to strangers, and you’re in my house. My life couldn’t be worse.”
“You’re probably thinking how could it possibly be fun?” “No one’s thinking that.” “I kinda was.” “I was not.” “Why are we laughing?”
“This bowling alley has my favorite restaurant in Pawnee.” “Really? You’re not scared to eat here?” “When I eat it is the food that is scared.”
“I don’t really know why you would need my social security number. Well yeah, no, you’re right. I guess it couldn’t hurt to give it to ya.”
“I don’t care about that prize. But I’m gonna win because I want his happiness to go away.”
“Type in T Rex for me. No no no. Um, T Boz. Wait wait. Tommy Tsunami. Nope. Tiki Tiki Tom Tom. Nope. Fly Guy.” “I wrote Tom.” “Classic. Timeless. I love it.”
“Straight down the middle. No hook, no spin, no fuss. Anything more and this becomes figure skating.”
“You are so down with strikes they should call you Norma Rae.”
“You’re being weird. Why?” “Millie’s gonna break up with Chris.” “Shut up.” “Oh my God. That’s gonna be super weird when they move in together.”
“Hey, Leslie, I’d like to introduce you to my good friend Anyone Else.” “Not now Ben. I’d like to introduce Derek’s ass to my foot.”
“What Champion? You need to go outside now? Come on. Atta boy. Sorry, he’sâ€¦hates awkward situations.”
“I wished for his happiness to go away. I might be a wizard.”
“The headline I would’ve gone with is ‘No Strike Bowling Bowler Struck by Knope’s Striking Beau.'”
Parks and Rec airs Thursdays at 8:30/7:30c on NBC.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Kelly McCormack Talks Favorite Moments in A League of Their Own
[Warning: Mild spoilers for season 1.] Now that you’ve had a chance to watch A League of Their Own, here’s the rest of my chat with Kelly McCormack about her favorite moments of the season. Seeing the iconic Peaches uniforms for the first time wasn’t just a goosebump moment for…
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…