There was so much to love about “Chuck Versus the Hack-Off.” It’s probably my favorite Season 5 episode so far:
- Chuck “The Piranha” Bartowski: Seeing Chuck’s hacker past was cool. Well, maybe “cool” isn’t the perfect word considering the nerd talk he was spouting. I agree with Sarah. Chuck talking all techy and nerdy was cute. I loved this little glimpse into his past. It also got him thinking about life after spy-dom. Thankfully, Chuck decided not to quit the spy life for computers. Don’t think Sarah would be able to feel useful in that kind of environment.
- Lester “The Man” Patel: I don’t know about you guys but I don’t think it’s surprising Lester adapted to prison life pretty easily. I’m glad for once things worked out for him. He became a force in the prison. But at the same time, I loved how Jeff and Morgan were trying to clue him in to his manipulative ways. He needed to know he can’t go around poisoning his friends. But becoming a prison power — he needed that too. He even saved Casey. I’m glad he finally got his time in the sun. Now back to Buy More where he can, hopefully, stop acting like such a douche.
- Casey & Verbanski: Adam Baldwin and Carrie-Anne Moss are fantastic together, aren’t they? Gertrude visited Casey in prison for a “conjugal visit” and they just seemed to fit together. He sent her to work with Chuck and Sarah as they had to do Decker’s bidding in order to save Casey. How cute was it that Verbanski was so thrown by her feelings for John? Her awkward “talk” with Sarah where she admitted she loves Casey was a great moment. And I also loved the fact she’d do anything to get John out of prison. Blowing up Decker and getting the device that holds that lethal virus proved exactly what she’d do. Unfortunately, that now means she has to disappear for a while. Boo. Hopefully, we’ll see her again before the show is over.
- Bye bye Decker: Decker was a good bad guy but I’m glad his time’s up. Sorry to see Richard Burgi go, however. Going out the way Decker went out — all blow’d up and nowhere to go — wow. Karma, dude. Karma. A surprising moment for sure.
- Sarah versus the Nudist Cult Chick: I like action so I loved the fight between these two, especially since Sarah prevailed. She’s so incredibly badass. By the way, how short were those outfits Chuck and Sarah had to wear? Wow.
- Forgiveness for Morgan: When Verbanski showed up to free Casey from prison, she wasn’t alone. She says she brought someone who cares about him as much as she does. I wasn’t quite sure who she was talking about but it makes sense it was Morgan. Morgan knows he acted ridiculous during his Intersect Phase. So he was absolutely looking for redemption with Casey.
- Jeff: I’m liking a lucid Jeff. He’s present and he’s insightful. He’s pretty wonderful. I do wonder if he’s going to revert back to his out there/carbon-monoxide days so I’m going to enjoy this Jeff while it lasts.
- Rewind & Repeat: Jeff and Morgan were trying to teach Lester a lesson so they hired an Indian guy to show his friend he can be replaced. Community‘s Danny Pudi guest-starred as the perfect Nerd Herder. It was a quick scene, unfortunately, but a good one. And then we got a bonus. Pudi’s Community co-star Yvette Nicole Brown appeared as a Buy More employee who had designs on the new guy. That part was unexpected and glorious and immediately had me hitting rewind so I could watch the moment unfold again.
Chuck airs Fridays at 8/7c on NBC.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…