Moments of Goodness: Psych + Action = Awesomeness, Psych “Last Night Gus”
“Last Night Gus” was freakin’ hilarious. I loved how everyone was working together to piece together the events of the previous night. And there were so many good moments and lines in this Hangover-esque episode. Too many to name, actually. The gags and one-liners just had me rolling on the floor for the entire hour. Some of my favorite moments:
- Woody and Lassiter spooning
- Everything that is Bobo the Donut
- Last Night Gus having some serious game
- Lassiter not cluing to the fact the partners at the bar were actually a couple
- From Teri Garr to Teri Hatcher, every pop culture reference made
- No pants Henry
- All the autopsy goodness including Lassiter refusing to take off his shades
- Rapper/actor Ed Lover fulfilling the requisite Mike Tyson Hangover cameo role; and taking back the bling Shawn apparently stole. OK, so a necklace isn’t exactly an alligator.
But I’m going to single out two of the more action-oriented happenings — one just because I thought it was cool and the other because it had me laughing so hard, I could barely catch my breath.
- Henry called Shawn to help him out at the Suncrest Hotel. Apparently, he was part of the Hangover fun as well because he woke up there with powdered sugar all over his face and no pants on. Much to Henry’s chagrin, Shawn brought the whole group to the hotel, which turned out to be a good thing because the hotel manager let them know the woman they had been looking for there the night before was in one of the rooms. Lassiter broke the door down and they entered what was now an empty room. Shawn quickly figured out they had triggered a bomb. He told everyone to take cover and they all subsequently jumped over the railing and into the pool below just as the bomb exploded. It’s a moment I had to rewind and rewatch a few times because it was such a cool slo-mo’d moment.
- And how hilarious was that gunfight scene at Gus’ abode? Last Night Gus was in full effect. Unfortunately, Lilly, the girl he’d been interested in, was the adopted daughter of this week’s bad guy. She drugged Gus and let her dad in to his place. He wanted the incriminating phone that had all the pictures and he was going to use force to get it. Unfortunately for Mr. Bad Guy, a drugged Gus was repeating everything he said and wasn’t really getting the fact someone had a gun on him. I love silly humor that’s designed to annoy. So I appreciated this sequence of events very much. Thankfully, Lassiter, Juliet and everyone arrived in time. A seriously loopy and out of it Gus was on the couch while guns blasted around him. All he could do was laugh and protect his bowl of taffy. However, Gus actually saved the day by using said bowl to knock the bad guy out. Go Gus. That’s what I’m talking about. He’s got game.
I cannot stress enough how funny “Last Night Gus” was. And I’m just scratching the surface with these two moments. What were your favorite lines or scenes?
Psych airs on USA Network Wednesdays at 10/9c.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People, which US audiences still have not been able…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…