NCIS is back (yes!) and I’ve created my wish list for Season 9. I’m well aware I’m asking for a lot. I think I’ve made a couple of these wishes before. It doesn’t hurt to put it out there in the TV universe again. I’ll love this show regardless but it’ll be even better if any of these things come true.
Warning: Spoilers discussed
- No more stories that end with a whimper. While I really liked the last scene of the S8 finale, which was Tony getting a mysterious assignment from the SecNav, the wrap up of the P2P killer storyarc was unsatisfactory.
- I want the 200th episode to be about the entire team and not just one character. Other (dead) characters I’d like to see return along with Mike Franks, Shannon and Kelly? Paula Cassidy and Caitlyn Todd. It would be great to see Sasha Alexander appear on another episode of NCIS.
- How great would it be to have a crossover with NCIS and TNT’s Rizzoli and Isles? I’d love to see Ducky and Dr. Maura Isles (formerly NCIS’ Caitlyn Todd) share autopsy scenes together.
- I know everybody’s going to get their chance to shine in the spotlight but some of my favorite moments on this show are when it’s the team versus the world. They’re working together; finishing each other’s sentences; and being very competent in solving cases.
- Having said that, Gibbs needs a love interest; it’s been a long time. I’m wondering if Jamie Lee Curtis will be said love interest. Hope so.
- While I’m happy we’re finally getting some family time with McGee (when Lily Tomlin joins the show for an episode), I’m wondering if we’ll get to see Beth Riesgraf back on the show; and if McGee’s still dating her gamer character. I’d like to see her back on NCIS.
- A Tony and Abby buddy episode. Get Abby out of the lab and out in the world — let her and Tony rely on each other to solve a case. I just love these two together — and not in a shipper way — I just think they have a nice friends-type chemistry and would love the show to explore that.
- I’d like to see other friendships explored even more: Ziva and McGee; Ducky and Gibbs; Tony and Jimmy.
- Ducky’s reportedly getting a story this season which is cool. I wish they had done more with the medical examiner when his mother passed. It was so sad and I felt the show didn’t give it as much attention as it should have.
- I can’t wait for Jimmy’s wedding to be featured near the end of S9. I hope the wedding is hilarious, romantic and, of course, highly dramatic. And, once again, how is Brian Dietzen not a series regular yet?
- I would like Jackson Gibbs and Anthony Dinozzo Sr. to appear in the same episode. And meet each other. I have to be specific because knowing this show they would appear in the same episode and Ralph Waite and Robert Wagner wouldn’t have any scenes together.
- I would like some mama drama thrown in for a change. There are so many daddy issues on this show, we need equal time with the mommy issues. At least we’re getting some grandmother love with McGee. I would love to find out what happened with Tony’s mom.
- As for Ziva, I’d like her to get some sense of stability and happiness. I’d also like her to kick more butt in Season 9. One thing this show lacks a lot of is action. Ziva’s usually responsible for what little there is; so here’s to hoping she can help drum up the action.
- I can’t wait to see how CI-Ray figures into the equation. According to TVLine.com, Gary Glasberg says he’s headed back our way sometime mid-season. I’d like for him not to die. Ziva lost Michael Rivkin and that Dead Man Walking. So hopefully Ray doesn’t go that way.
- I’d like to see Vance get along with the team rather than be a source of drama. It’s about time Vance and the lead investigative team at NCIS get on the same page. I wouldn’t mind seeing his wife Jackie again too.
- If there are any more long-term arcs focusing on a certain case, I really want it to pack a powerful punch; be well written; and showcase our entire team. The acting will always be there. I want the strength to be in the writing.
- When Gary Glasberg says we’re going to learn something about Abby’s family that “no one is going to see coming,” I hope that’s true. I want to be surprised by this show. I want this show to wow me.
- Oh and I’d like many, many, many awesome Gibbs and Dinozzo moments. Please. And I’d like to see where Tony and Abby both live. Ziva has a new apartment we haven’t seen. Does McGee still live in the same small apartment? We’ve seen everything about Gibbs’ house for the last two seasons. Time to see some other real estate.
The NCIS Season 9 premiere starts tonight at 8/7C on CBS.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Tyler Hynes Talks Through His Eight-Film Hallmark Holiday Library
Things you realize when you have to re-record your shows on a new DVR – just how many Hallmark movies your people have done. Fan favorite – and one of ours – Tyler Hynes has done eight Christmas movies for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries since 2018. Alongside…
Spencer Creaghan Talks About Creating SurrealEstate’s Signature Sound
SurrealEstate is winding down its second season, with two episodes left, and just as in Season 1, Spencer Creaghan’s music continues to be a character unto itself. And every week, he shares tidbits with the fans via his s social media channels, something he started to help give them an…
Andrew Walker Talks Christmas Island and the Magical Hallmark Community
[Warning: Spoilers for Christmas Island.] Now that the Screen Actors Guild strike has been resolved, we’re able to resume regularly scheduled programming and interview our favorites and yours. Up first, earlier today, I spoke with Andrew Walker about Christmas Island, which premiered last weekend and encores tonight and through the…
George Olson and Danishka Esterhazy Talk SurrealEstate “I Put a Spell on You”
[Warning: Spoilers for the episode.] Tonight’s fun new SurrealEstate found Luke caught up in an especially bewitching woman, Kay, played by Tara Yelland, Susan trapped in her house, and Zooey learning the ropes. In the next part of my conversation with showrunner George R. Olson and producing director Danishka Esterhazy,…
Danishka Esterhazy Talks SurrealEstate: “The Butler Didn’t”
[Warning: General spoilers for the episode]. Tonight’s new SurrealEstate, “The Butler Didn’t,” follows the team as they investigate the years-earlier mysterious death of a woman whose ghost now reenacts her hanging by dropping over the banister from the second floor to terrify anyone on the landing or at the bottom…
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk the From Season 2 finale
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale.] How’s everyone doing after that finale? While we wait and wonder and hope for a third season announcement, soon, here’s what Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders had to say about their parts of the finale, and where they hope they get to go next….
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk From Season 2 + A Season Finale Preview
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] It all comes down this, #FROMily. As Sunday’s episode wraps up Season 2, we begin with the aftermath of the terrifying onset of seemingly simultaneous attacks on Julie, Marielle, and Randall, which accelerate the “We gotta get out of this place” of it all. Sara comes…
Alison Sweeney Talks About What’s Next for Hannah and Mike After Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery
[Warning: Spoilers for Carrot Cake Murder.] Everybody OK after that Hannah Swensen Mystery twist? Thankfully, our favorite crime-solving couple is still on speaking term, even if they’re on a break (hopefully not that kind of break). Most importantly, we already know this isn’t the last film in the series. No…
Counting Down to From Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] We’re just shy of two weeks away from Season 2 of last spring’s obsession, From, which premieres at 9 pm/8c, Sunday, April 23rd, on MGM+ (formerly EPIX). If you never picked it up last year, now’s your chance, and you can do it for free, catching…
Thank Me Later: Will Trent
[Warning: spoilers ahead.] I’m on record as loving and losing shows over at ABC so I’m usually very reticent to pick something up on the network until it’s been renewed, and I seriously hope I’m not jinxing it, but I took a chance on the deeply odd and very sweet…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…