NCIS is back (yes!) and I’ve created my wish list for Season 9. I’m well aware I’m asking for a lot. I think I’ve made a couple of these wishes before. It doesn’t hurt to put it out there in the TV universe again. I’ll love this show regardless but it’ll be even better if any of these things come true.
Warning: Spoilers discussed
- No more stories that end with a whimper. While I really liked the last scene of the S8 finale, which was Tony getting a mysterious assignment from the SecNav, the wrap up of the P2P killer storyarc was unsatisfactory.
- I want the 200th episode to be about the entire team and not just one character. Other (dead) characters I’d like to see return along with Mike Franks, Shannon and Kelly? Paula Cassidy and Caitlyn Todd. It would be great to see Sasha Alexander appear on another episode of NCIS.
- How great would it be to have a crossover with NCIS and TNT’s Rizzoli and Isles? I’d love to see Ducky and Dr. Maura Isles (formerly NCIS’ Caitlyn Todd) share autopsy scenes together.
- I know everybody’s going to get their chance to shine in the spotlight but some of my favorite moments on this show are when it’s the team versus the world. They’re working together; finishing each other’s sentences; and being very competent in solving cases.
- Having said that, Gibbs needs a love interest; it’s been a long time. I’m wondering if Jamie Lee Curtis will be said love interest. Hope so.
- While I’m happy we’re finally getting some family time with McGee (when Lily Tomlin joins the show for an episode), I’m wondering if we’ll get to see Beth Riesgraf back on the show; and if McGee’s still dating her gamer character. I’d like to see her back on NCIS.
- A Tony and Abby buddy episode. Get Abby out of the lab and out in the world — let her and Tony rely on each other to solve a case. I just love these two together — and not in a shipper way — I just think they have a nice friends-type chemistry and would love the show to explore that.
- I’d like to see other friendships explored even more: Ziva and McGee; Ducky and Gibbs; Tony and Jimmy.
- Ducky’s reportedly getting a story this season which is cool. I wish they had done more with the medical examiner when his mother passed. It was so sad and I felt the show didn’t give it as much attention as it should have.
- I can’t wait for Jimmy’s wedding to be featured near the end of S9. I hope the wedding is hilarious, romantic and, of course, highly dramatic. And, once again, how is Brian Dietzen not a series regular yet?
- I would like Jackson Gibbs and Anthony Dinozzo Sr. to appear in the same episode. And meet each other. I have to be specific because knowing this show they would appear in the same episode and Ralph Waite and Robert Wagner wouldn’t have any scenes together.
- I would like some mama drama thrown in for a change. There are so many daddy issues on this show, we need equal time with the mommy issues. At least we’re getting some grandmother love with McGee. I would love to find out what happened with Tony’s mom.
- As for Ziva, I’d like her to get some sense of stability and happiness. I’d also like her to kick more butt in Season 9. One thing this show lacks a lot of is action. Ziva’s usually responsible for what little there is; so here’s to hoping she can help drum up the action.
- I can’t wait to see how CI-Ray figures into the equation. According to TVLine.com, Gary Glasberg says he’s headed back our way sometime mid-season. I’d like for him not to die. Ziva lost Michael Rivkin and that Dead Man Walking. So hopefully Ray doesn’t go that way.
- I’d like to see Vance get along with the team rather than be a source of drama. It’s about time Vance and the lead investigative team at NCIS get on the same page. I wouldn’t mind seeing his wife Jackie again too.
- If there are any more long-term arcs focusing on a certain case, I really want it to pack a powerful punch; be well written; and showcase our entire team. The acting will always be there. I want the strength to be in the writing.
- When Gary Glasberg says we’re going to learn something about Abby’s family that “no one is going to see coming,” I hope that’s true. I want to be surprised by this show. I want this show to wow me.
- Oh and I’d like many, many, many awesome Gibbs and Dinozzo moments. Please. And I’d like to see where Tony and Abby both live. Ziva has a new apartment we haven’t seen. Does McGee still live in the same small apartment? We’ve seen everything about Gibbs’ house for the last two seasons. Time to see some other real estate.
The NCIS Season 9 premiere starts tonight at 8/7C on CBS.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Dennis Heaton Talks The Imperfects
Longtime readers at TV Goodness will know that Motive is one of my ride-or-die series, and as such, I am fiercely loyal to its creator, Dennis Heaton. He followed up that fantastic reverse procedural with Netflix’s The Order and is back on our streaming screens with The Imperfects, which dropped…
Kelly McCormack Talks Favorite Moments in A League of Their Own
[Warning: Mild spoilers for season 1.] Now that you’ve had a chance to watch A League of Their Own, here’s the rest of my chat with Kelly McCormack about her favorite moments of the season. Seeing the iconic Peaches uniforms for the first time wasn’t just a goosebump moment for…
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…