NCIS is back (yes!) and I’ve created my wish list for Season 9. I’m well aware I’m asking for a lot. I think I’ve made a couple of these wishes before. It doesn’t hurt to put it out there in the TV universe again. I’ll love this show regardless but it’ll be even better if any of these things come true.
Warning: Spoilers discussed
- No more stories that end with a whimper. While I really liked the last scene of the S8 finale, which was Tony getting a mysterious assignment from the SecNav, the wrap up of the P2P killer storyarc was unsatisfactory.
- I want the 200th episode to be about the entire team and not just one character. Other (dead) characters I’d like to see return along with Mike Franks, Shannon and Kelly? Paula Cassidy and Caitlyn Todd. It would be great to see Sasha Alexander appear on another episode of NCIS.
- How great would it be to have a crossover with NCIS and TNT’s Rizzoli and Isles? I’d love to see Ducky and Dr. Maura Isles (formerly NCIS’ Caitlyn Todd) share autopsy scenes together.
- I know everybody’s going to get their chance to shine in the spotlight but some of my favorite moments on this show are when it’s the team versus the world. They’re working together; finishing each other’s sentences; and being very competent in solving cases.
- Having said that, Gibbs needs a love interest; it’s been a long time. I’m wondering if Jamie Lee Curtis will be said love interest. Hope so.
- While I’m happy we’re finally getting some family time with McGee (when Lily Tomlin joins the show for an episode), I’m wondering if we’ll get to see Beth Riesgraf back on the show; and if McGee’s still dating her gamer character. I’d like to see her back on NCIS.
- A Tony and Abby buddy episode. Get Abby out of the lab and out in the world — let her and Tony rely on each other to solve a case. I just love these two together — and not in a shipper way — I just think they have a nice friends-type chemistry and would love the show to explore that.
- I’d like to see other friendships explored even more: Ziva and McGee; Ducky and Gibbs; Tony and Jimmy.
- Ducky’s reportedly getting a story this season which is cool. I wish they had done more with the medical examiner when his mother passed. It was so sad and I felt the show didn’t give it as much attention as it should have.
- I can’t wait for Jimmy’s wedding to be featured near the end of S9. I hope the wedding is hilarious, romantic and, of course, highly dramatic. And, once again, how is Brian Dietzen not a series regular yet?
- I would like Jackson Gibbs and Anthony Dinozzo Sr. to appear in the same episode. And meet each other. I have to be specific because knowing this show they would appear in the same episode and Ralph Waite and Robert Wagner wouldn’t have any scenes together.
- I would like some mama drama thrown in for a change. There are so many daddy issues on this show, we need equal time with the mommy issues. At least we’re getting some grandmother love with McGee. I would love to find out what happened with Tony’s mom.
- As for Ziva, I’d like her to get some sense of stability and happiness. I’d also like her to kick more butt in Season 9. One thing this show lacks a lot of is action. Ziva’s usually responsible for what little there is; so here’s to hoping she can help drum up the action.
- I can’t wait to see how CI-Ray figures into the equation. According to TVLine.com, Gary Glasberg says he’s headed back our way sometime mid-season. I’d like for him not to die. Ziva lost Michael Rivkin and that Dead Man Walking. So hopefully Ray doesn’t go that way.
- I’d like to see Vance get along with the team rather than be a source of drama. It’s about time Vance and the lead investigative team at NCIS get on the same page. I wouldn’t mind seeing his wife Jackie again too.
- If there are any more long-term arcs focusing on a certain case, I really want it to pack a powerful punch; be well written; and showcase our entire team. The acting will always be there. I want the strength to be in the writing.
- When Gary Glasberg says we’re going to learn something about Abby’s family that “no one is going to see coming,” I hope that’s true. I want to be surprised by this show. I want this show to wow me.
- Oh and I’d like many, many, many awesome Gibbs and Dinozzo moments. Please. And I’d like to see where Tony and Abby both live. Ziva has a new apartment we haven’t seen. Does McGee still live in the same small apartment? We’ve seen everything about Gibbs’ house for the last two seasons. Time to see some other real estate.
The NCIS Season 9 premiere starts tonight at 8/7C on CBS.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…