Things TV Goodness Learned at the Criminal Minds Fall Preview Panel
The Criminal Minds Panel @ CBS’ Fall Preview Night at the Paley Center
Cast from l. to r. Kirsten Vangsness, A.J. Cook, Matthew Gray Gubler, Shemar Moore, Paget Brewster, Thomas Gibson, Joe Mantegna, EP Erica Messer
- The cast is extremely funny and very appreciative of the show’s success, each other and the Criminal Minds fans, especially in the wake of A.J. Cook and Paget Brewster returning to the show.
- We watched a clip from the S7 premiere and all we have to say is Thomas Gibson looks hella sexy. It’s gotta be that scruff he’s sporting. Among other things.
- According to CM Executive Producer Erica Messer, this season the show is going to explore the heroes more. They usually spend time cultivating the unsubs and victims, but this season, they’re going to “explore all the layers that make up this team.”
- Shemar Moore is very vocal and enthusiastic and again, appreciative, of having the team back together. “We started this thing and we’re going to finish this thing.”
- The cast has decided that maybe the messing with a good thing really worked because the cast is stronger than ever. Paraphrasing Kirsten Vangsness, they were able to make lemonade out of lemons.
- Cook revealed that in the wake of the supportive and intense fan reaction to her departure (and Paget’s as well), she was “able to hold her head high.” She thanked the fans for their part in reuniting this cast.
- Paget — who’s hilarious by the way — went and shot another pilot during her off time. She said shooting this pilot made her feel like she missed the CM cast/crew more than she realized and is very happy it worked out that she got to return to the show.
- Paget also said the fan reaction was incredible. She heard from toll booth operators, airport workers, people at the market. They were wondering why she died. The fan response was overwhelming. They didn’t want their show being messed with.
Â If the cast could play another character other than their own — or were jealous of another character — who would it be?
- Kirsten would love to play Prentiss (or J.J.) — but loves the way Prentiss looks when she shoots a gun
- A.J. would want to be Reid or Morgan. According to Shemar, J.J. is trying to become Morgan this season.
- Matthew thinks he’s born to be an unsub. He particularly liked Keith Carradine’s character.
- Shemar kind of agrees. First he says, each of them are playing the character they’re supposed to play. But he thinks the coolest characters on the show are the victims and the unsubs. He’d love to pay the bad guy like Timothy V. Murphy’s Ian Doyle, the man who “killed” Prentiss. Shemar says “he’s a sucker for an accent.”
- FUN FACT: Paget often tweets as Shemar. She did her Shemar for us and it was hilarious!
- Thomas Gibson says he’d want to be anyone without a tie.
- And Joe Mantegna says he would be this agent who has been on leave from the BAU for five years. It’s a total inside joke but it was funny.
***SPOILER ALERT*** Information about the S7 Premiere and the new season as a whole
- Besides Hotch looking super sexy, real time has passed
- JJ is now a profiler
- Hotchner is in Pakistan
- Reid is dealing with his mom (which will be touched on in episode 2)
- Morgan, Garcia & J.J. are working together; Morgan never forgave himself for what happened to Prentiss so he’s been on a mission to find her “killer.” So he’s been tracking Ian Doyle this whole time. They decide to try and get to him by finding his son.
- We’re definitely going to see the reaction and the fallout from learning Prentiss is alive
- Erica Messer had this to say about Morgan: originally Shemar had a lot of lines reacting to Prentiss’ resurrection. But they decided to go the other way with it. They felt it would be more powerful if he didn’t say anything.
- There’ll be drama between Morgan and Hotch; he feels sense of betrayal with Hotch
- This season, now that J.J. is a profiler, Garcia will hande a lot of the exposition duties so you’ll see her interact with the rest of the characters even more. She’ll be in the round table room more.
- We’ll meet Rossi’s first wife — played by Homicide’s Isabella Hoffman. It’s a two-part episode.
***END SPOILER ALERT***
The seventh season of Criminal Minds gets underway Wednesday September 21 @ 9/8C.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…