Things TV Goodness Learned at the Criminal Minds Fall Preview Panel
The Criminal Minds Panel @ CBS’ Fall Preview Night at the Paley Center
Cast from l. to r. Kirsten Vangsness, A.J. Cook, Matthew Gray Gubler, Shemar Moore, Paget Brewster, Thomas Gibson, Joe Mantegna, EP Erica Messer
- The cast is extremely funny and very appreciative of the show’s success, each other and the Criminal Minds fans, especially in the wake of A.J. Cook and Paget Brewster returning to the show.
- We watched a clip from the S7 premiere and all we have to say is Thomas Gibson looks hella sexy. It’s gotta be that scruff he’s sporting. Among other things.
- According to CM Executive Producer Erica Messer, this season the show is going to explore the heroes more. They usually spend time cultivating the unsubs and victims, but this season, they’re going to “explore all the layers that make up this team.”
- Shemar Moore is very vocal and enthusiastic and again, appreciative, of having the team back together. “We started this thing and we’re going to finish this thing.”
- The cast has decided that maybe the messing with a good thing really worked because the cast is stronger than ever. Paraphrasing Kirsten Vangsness, they were able to make lemonade out of lemons.
- Cook revealed that in the wake of the supportive and intense fan reaction to her departure (and Paget’s as well), she was “able to hold her head high.” She thanked the fans for their part in reuniting this cast.
- Paget — who’s hilarious by the way — went and shot another pilot during her off time. She said shooting this pilot made her feel like she missed the CM cast/crew more than she realized and is very happy it worked out that she got to return to the show.
- Paget also said the fan reaction was incredible. She heard from toll booth operators, airport workers, people at the market. They were wondering why she died. The fan response was overwhelming. They didn’t want their show being messed with.
Â If the cast could play another character other than their own — or were jealous of another character — who would it be?
- Kirsten would love to play Prentiss (or J.J.) — but loves the way Prentiss looks when she shoots a gun
- A.J. would want to be Reid or Morgan. According to Shemar, J.J. is trying to become Morgan this season.
- Matthew thinks he’s born to be an unsub. He particularly liked Keith Carradine’s character.
- Shemar kind of agrees. First he says, each of them are playing the character they’re supposed to play. But he thinks the coolest characters on the show are the victims and the unsubs. He’d love to pay the bad guy like Timothy V. Murphy’s Ian Doyle, the man who “killed” Prentiss. Shemar says “he’s a sucker for an accent.”
- FUN FACT: Paget often tweets as Shemar. She did her Shemar for us and it was hilarious!
- Thomas Gibson says he’d want to be anyone without a tie.
- And Joe Mantegna says he would be this agent who has been on leave from the BAU for five years. It’s a total inside joke but it was funny.
***SPOILER ALERT*** Information about the S7 Premiere and the new season as a whole
- Besides Hotch looking super sexy, real time has passed
- JJ is now a profiler
- Hotchner is in Pakistan
- Reid is dealing with his mom (which will be touched on in episode 2)
- Morgan, Garcia & J.J. are working together; Morgan never forgave himself for what happened to Prentiss so he’s been on a mission to find her “killer.” So he’s been tracking Ian Doyle this whole time. They decide to try and get to him by finding his son.
- We’re definitely going to see the reaction and the fallout from learning Prentiss is alive
- Erica Messer had this to say about Morgan: originally Shemar had a lot of lines reacting to Prentiss’ resurrection. But they decided to go the other way with it. They felt it would be more powerful if he didn’t say anything.
- There’ll be drama between Morgan and Hotch; he feels sense of betrayal with Hotch
- This season, now that J.J. is a profiler, Garcia will hande a lot of the exposition duties so you’ll see her interact with the rest of the characters even more. She’ll be in the round table room more.
- We’ll meet Rossi’s first wife — played by Homicide’s Isabella Hoffman. It’s a two-part episode.
***END SPOILER ALERT***
The seventh season of Criminal Minds gets underway Wednesday September 21 @ 9/8C.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
George R. Olson, Tim Rozon, and Sarah Levy Talk the SurrealEstate S2 Finale
[Spoilers for the SurrealEstate Season 2 finale.] How’s everyone doing after the finale? As we close out the second season of SurrealEstate, some of our merry band of misfits are scattering to the winds–Zooey to law school, Phil to the Vatican, and Augie back to his think tank with Rochelle,…
Previewing SurrealEstate Season 2 Finale + Revisiting the Season with George R. Olson
[Warning; General spoilers ahead.] Strap in, SurrealEstate fam, because we’ve arrived at the Season 2 finale, and it’s a doozy. As we saw in the closing moments of last week’s episode, Susan is back. But because we have one more episode left, it’s not as simple as all that, as…
Tyler Hynes Talks Through His Eight-Film Hallmark Holiday Library
Things you realize when you have to re-record your shows on a new DVR – just how many Hallmark movies your people have done. Fan favorite – and one of ours – Tyler Hynes has done eight Christmas movies for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries since 2018. Alongside…
Spencer Creaghan Talks About Creating SurrealEstate’s Signature Sound
SurrealEstate is winding down its second season, with two episodes left, and just as in Season 1, Spencer Creaghan’s music continues to be a character unto itself. And every week, he shares tidbits with the fans via his s social media channels, something he started to help give them an…
Andrew Walker Talks Christmas Island and the Magical Hallmark Community
[Warning: Spoilers for Christmas Island.] Now that the Screen Actors Guild strike has been resolved, we’re able to resume regularly scheduled programming and interview our favorites and yours. Up first, earlier today, I spoke with Andrew Walker about Christmas Island, which premiered last weekend and encores tonight and through the…
George Olson and Danishka Esterhazy Talk SurrealEstate “I Put a Spell on You”
[Warning: Spoilers for the episode.] Tonight’s fun new SurrealEstate found Luke caught up in an especially bewitching woman, Kay, played by Tara Yelland, Susan trapped in her house, and Zooey learning the ropes. In the next part of my conversation with showrunner George R. Olson and producing director Danishka Esterhazy,…
Danishka Esterhazy Talks SurrealEstate: “The Butler Didn’t”
[Warning: General spoilers for the episode]. Tonight’s new SurrealEstate, “The Butler Didn’t,” follows the team as they investigate the years-earlier mysterious death of a woman whose ghost now reenacts her hanging by dropping over the banister from the second floor to terrify anyone on the landing or at the bottom…
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk the From Season 2 finale
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale.] How’s everyone doing after that finale? While we wait and wonder and hope for a third season announcement, soon, here’s what Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders had to say about their parts of the finale, and where they hope they get to go next….
Scott McCord and Elizabeth Saunders Talk From Season 2 + A Season Finale Preview
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] It all comes down this, #FROMily. As Sunday’s episode wraps up Season 2, we begin with the aftermath of the terrifying onset of seemingly simultaneous attacks on Julie, Marielle, and Randall, which accelerate the “We gotta get out of this place” of it all. Sara comes…
Alison Sweeney Talks About What’s Next for Hannah and Mike After Carrot Cake Murder: A Hannah Swensen Mystery
[Warning: Spoilers for Carrot Cake Murder.] Everybody OK after that Hannah Swensen Mystery twist? Thankfully, our favorite crime-solving couple is still on speaking term, even if they’re on a break (hopefully not that kind of break). Most importantly, we already know this isn’t the last film in the series. No…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…