The CW announced its 2011 Fall Schedule today. Here’s what it looks like:
8/7C Gossip Girl
9/8C Hart of Dixie
8/7C The Vampire Diaries
9/8C The Secret Circle
–One Tree Hill‘s Season 9 will be waiting in the wings for a mid-season spot.
My thoughts on this new schedule (SPOILER ALERT: I do discuss some spoilers from the descriptions the CW released):
- So happy the network picked up Ringer. It’s definitely one of my must-see new shows of next season due largely to the presence of one Sarah Michelle Gellar. Having said that, I’m a little worried about the Tuesday night pairing with 90210. Don’t get me wrong, I love 90210 and I’m a regular watcher, but those two shows don’t really seem to go together. However, there’s really no where else they could put Ringer because on Mondays, it’s Josh Schwartz night with his veteran drama Gossip Girl and his new Rachel Bilson-led drama Hart of Dixie. And on Thursday night it’s a Kevin Williamson-special with his fast-paced wonder-of-a-show The Vampire Diaries being paired with his new kid on the block, the supernatural-oriented Secret Circle. Wednesdays as we know is Reality TV-centric and without Smallville, the CW’s Friday night will feature the brand new combo of Nikita and Supernatural. There’s really no where else the CW could put Ringer other than that Tuesday night at 9/8C slot.
- I like the idea of Rachel Bilson reuniting with her creator from The O.C. As Summer, she was one of my favorite things about that show. I’m not quite sure about the concept for this new show but I’ll be watching. How great is it that Hart of Dixie also stars two Friday Night Lights alums — Scott Porter and Cress Williams?
- The CW is being very good to two of its actors from this past season. Even though Life Unexpected was canceled this season, next season features two LUX stars back on TV: Britt Robertson and Kristoffer Polaha. Britt is the lead in Kevin Williamson’s The Secret Circle (she plays a teen who finds out she’s a witch); and Kris is one of Sarah Michelle Gellar’s love interests in Ringer. Congrats to the former father-daughter team. Now if the CW could only take care of Shiri Appleby…
- Did you get a load of the description the CW released for Season 7 of Supernatural? It’s understandably vague but really intriguing at the same time. Here’s the part that piqued my interest the most:
Now, in season seven, the Winchesters will find themselves in an increasingly sinister, changing landscape, up against a new foe unlike anything theyâ€™ve ever fought. Â Theyâ€™ll find their old tricks, weapons and hiding places all rendered useless. Â All theyâ€™ll have is each other. Â And the certainty that, like the last of the cowboy outlaws, whatever they face, theyâ€™re not going down without a fight.
- I wonder what this all means. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow night during the show’s 2-hour finale, maybe? I’m happy to see Misha Collins’ name as a member of the cast for Season 7. Just saying. But as someone on Twitter pointed out, Eric Kripke and Ben Edlund’s names are not down on the press release as executive producers. Wonder what that means? REVISED NOTE: TVLine.com announced that while Misha will be a part of Season 7, it won’t be as a series regular. This same article does assure fans Kripke and Edlund will be a part of next season too.
- I will be watching America’s Next Top Model for the first time in a long time since the network recently announced it will be an all-star season. However, I’m curious why the CW’s choosing to lead the night off with a new reality TV show like the Mario Lopez-hosted H8R and not with ANTM, a proven commodity. I’m guessing because the ANTM lead-in hasn’t worked for shows in the past. Who really knows…
- Let’s talk Nikita. I’m wondering if the whole Alex trying to track down Michael and Nikita is going to be the arc for the entire season. I really liked the game-changing finale. The principals are away from Division which I like. I’m hoping this new direction will be fresh and exciting. I don’t know how long I want Alex and Nikita to be playing on opposite sides, however. Although, really, I’m just supremely happy Michael and Nikita are together. I really didn’t see that coming so soon.
- Like previously conveyed, Season 3 of The Vampire Diaries looks to be the season of the Originals. I don’t mind since I’m loving Klaus; I hope to see Elijah make a return engagement; and I wonder if we’ll meet anyone else from their family. I also look forward to: 1) Big bad Stefan and learning why Klaus wants him to be his wingman; 2) Damon and Elena’s relationship and seeing if it goes anywhere; 3) Caroline and Tyler growing closer; and 4) Bonnie and Jeremy and how his two ghostly exes fit in. I also want to find out where Matt fits into the new season. No mention of him in the press release, but really, he took himself out of the Caroline/Tyler equation, so I don’t have high hopes.
I’m excited about the CW’s decisions for the fall schedule. I’m not sure about H8R but I don’t know if I’d watch that show anyway. However, the network has successfully lured me back into the ANTM orbit. It’s going to be sad because Smallville won’t be part of the lineup for the first time in over ten years. But to have a world where Sarah Michelle Gellar is back on TV and on the same network as two of my favorite TV shows (Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries), is a beautiful thing.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Dennis Heaton Talks The Imperfects
Longtime readers at TV Goodness will know that Motive is one of my ride-or-die series, and as such, I am fiercely loyal to its creator, Dennis Heaton. He followed up that fantastic reverse procedural with Netflix’s The Order and is back on our streaming screens with The Imperfects, which dropped…
Kelly McCormack Talks Favorite Moments in A League of Their Own
[Warning: Mild spoilers for season 1.] Now that you’ve had a chance to watch A League of Their Own, here’s the rest of my chat with Kelly McCormack about her favorite moments of the season. Seeing the iconic Peaches uniforms for the first time wasn’t just a goosebump moment for…
John Griffin and Harold Perrineau Talk From on EPIX Season 1 Finale
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] How are we doing, #FROMily? In case you missed it this morning, the very good news is that that cliffhanger will be followed by a second season, which was gifted this morning ahead of the linear broadcast of the finale. I always legitimately appreciate when we…
Elizabeth Saunders Talks EPIX’s From
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the things that makes EPIX’s From such a fun ride is the abundance of Canadian cast members. Elizabeth Saunders, who plays Donna, is a favorite from her turn on the third season of Mary Kills People [streaming on Global TV in Canada and Roku…
Corteon Moore Talks From “Broken Windows, Open Doors”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight’s episode of From had us all in our feels as we learned through flashbacks about the Sophie’s Choice Boyd had to make to save his son, and back in the present as Boyd said his piece with Ellis before heading into the woods with…
Pegah Ghafoori Talks From “All Good Things…”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode] Tonight on From, Fatima’s anniversary celebration turned into a Colony House of horrors when a misguided Kevin let his monster bae in and she promptly killed him and left the window open for her crew. While the party devolved into terror and sent everyone running,…
Shaun Majumder Talks From “Book 74”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight on EPIX’s From, Father Khatri made a bold move, kidnapping Sara instead of turning her in, and then recognizing her as a vessel for some big messages. That startling realization speaks to him on multiple levels–as a man of faith, a man trapped in…
Avery Konrad Talks About Sara’s Struggle in From “Silhouettes”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Over the course of the season so far on From, we’ve witnessed Sara’s battle against the voices telling her to to do terrible things, and tonight we saw her unravel further, threatening the Matthews and lashing out in a moment of terror with horrifying results….
Hannah Cheramy Talks From “Choosing Day”
[Warning: Spoilers for tonight’s episode.] Tonight, on EPIX’s From, the Matthews participate in the show’s version of the sorting hat, choosing where to call home–the town or Colony House. At the end of the episode, Julie makes the decision to split from her family and instead settle in with Fatima…
Ricky He Talks From “The Way Things Are Now”
[Warning: Spoilers for episode 102 of EPIX’s From.] Epix’s new series From is two episodes in and it’s already laying the groundwork for a seriously spooky season. Tonight’s episode demonstrated the careful balance of relief and horror that the show hits, with our characters’ worst fears realized, just not when…
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…