TV Goodness Wish List (Week of March 21st): Chuck, Community, The CW, NCIS, Fringe and More
- I want the love affair between Community and Cougar Town to take that next step and actually have a cross-network crossover episode. ABC and NBC would need to work together in harmony to make this happen. Seriously, all this Cougar Town talk is working. I haven’t watched the show since early last season and now I’ve vowed to play catch up because of: 1) Community; and 2) The show’s buzz. It seems like lots of people are talking about how good this show has gotten.
- Speaking of Community, I think we need a feel-good Britta episode. She’s been called a buzz kill and was just fired from her diner job. To me, it looked like her boss despised her. Plus, she’s the alleged ruiner of men for Troy and Abed. She couldn’t even do the lesbian thing right. Something good needs to happen to her. Just once. Although I don’t think it should include another round with Jeff “Nipple Play” Winger. Also, Gillian Jacobs has been on fire lately, hasn’t she? I’ve been loving her portrayal so much. If you need an example, please watch Community’s “Custody Law and Eastern European Diplomacy.” I think that has to be her best episode of the entire series.
- I want the real Kevin Bacon to make an appearance on Chuck after this week’s episode (“Chuck Versus The Muuurder”). We met the Large Mart’s mascot — a pig named Kevin Bacon. Such an awesome pet name, by the way. That development now has me wanting an appearance from the Footloose man himself. It’s only right. And we all know, everything’s better with Bacon.
- I understand the CW hasn’t named its successor to Dawn Ostroff as of yet, however, I would really, really like for them to announce the renewals for next season sooner rather than later – just for my peace of my mind. Oh and Supernatural needs to be high on that list.
- I want a Season 4 Fringe Renewal Party to take place at Comic-Con this year. I also hope FOX’s Fringe will have a considerable presence at this summer’s convention because there are so many people that were made extremely happy by this week’s announcement. We need to bask in this big win together.
- I want to figure out how to get Tony Dinozzo’s origin story to air in March or April instead of May. The NCIS episode is called “Baltimore” and isn’t on until May 3. At the very least I want spoiler pics to be released so I can see if Michael Weatherly has made as incredible a transformation as Rocky Carroll did in his origin episode back in November.
- I would like ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars to tell us who “A” is. It’s an irrational want I have, but I’m owning it. We don’t have to wait too long until the second season returns (June). But the recent Season 1 finale has whet my appetite for more answers. Who do I have to text to find out? Anyone?
- I would like to see Richard Blais win Top Chef All-Stars. It’s down to the final episode. In his original season, Blais didn’t come through in the finale. This year, he’s been the most consistent. However, Mike Isabella is peaking at the right time. I don’t think the conclusion is a no-brainer, even though it should be. I just don’t want it to come down to Isabella having a good cooking day — a better one than Richard. Because even though Mike knows what he’s doing and has some serious cooking skills, the only possible outcome is Richard to me. Having said that, I’m not totally sold on Blais either. Actually, I am completely confident in his chef skills. I just don’t like the way he’s been acting, especially where the female chefs are concerned. So as much as I liked him in his season, the shine is kind of off. That doesn’t stop me from wanting him to take it all and become the Top Chef All-Stars champ. Anything less will be disappointing.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Catching Up with Ted Lasso and Previewing Season 2
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] The not so dirty little secret about how I approach a new series is that I sometimes make a call based on the headspace I’m in at the time. It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a show after the first season and then binge…
Interview: Henri Esteve on Grown-ish Season 3
An interview with Henri Esteve, who plays Javi on Freeform’s Grown-ish. He talks about his season three experience.
For All Mankind Season 2: Talking with Wrenn Schmidt, Krys Marshall, Jodi Balfour, and Sonya Walger [Exclusive]
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] One of the hooks of For All Mankind is that it’s very much a story about the women of NASA. In Season 2, we explore the journeys of the women in the program, either through their own service or through their family affiliations. Four of those…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Season Finale [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the season finale episodes.] How’s everyone after that finale? I will freely admit I got a little misty in episode eight as John told Sara why he loved her, and later that he wanted her despite what he might forfeit, and then at the end when he…
Rosy McEwen Talks The Alienist: Angel of Darkness [Exclusive]
Hands down, one of the best surprises of The Alienist: Angel of Darkness is that the serial killer this season has been front and center alongside the cast as a fully-formed character. We’ve watched Libby Hatch devolve from a prim, mild-mannered nurse to a woman in a rage hell-bent on…
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness Relationship Recap: John and Sara
[Warning: Spoilers for “Belly of the Beast” and “Memento Mori”] If you’ve read me for a while (thank you!), you know two things — I lean way, way in on the characters I adore and I loathe love geometry arcs. So, I’m torn about where we are and where we…
Louriza Tronco Talks The Order Season 2 [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers ahead for Season 2.] The Order’s second season is dark yet delightful entertainment on many levels, and one of its biggest sources of joy and snark is the sassy Gabrielle Dupres. Last season, she was assertive and deadly and fairly annoyed with the world. This season, she’s been…
Previewing Netflix’s Virgin River
[Warning: General spoilers ahead.] Full disclosure: I have a Netflix account for my Mom, but I’m not a regular viewer. If I get a heads up on something, I’ll go look for it, but I don’t have a wander across its offerings, which, as I understand it, is how most…
Final Thoughts From the Killjoys Team [Exclusive]
This is the day of the week I’d normally hit you up with a Killjoys preview, but now that we’ve put the series to bed and released Team Awesome Force into the wild, I have one more treat for you–some final thoughts excerpted from my conversations with the Killjoys folks….
Michelle Lovretta Talks Wrapping Up Killjoys [Exclusive]
[Warning: Spoilers for the series finale.] To quote Miss Jackson, “That’s the end?” Yes, friends, it is. And like I promised you, everything would be, was, and is alright. I went to the Killjoys source, series creator Michelle Lovretta, who wrote the last episode, to break down that delicious finale….
What They Said: Three Revealing Conversations from Survivor’s Remorse “Closure”
WARNING: Spoilers for Survivor’s Remorse “Closure” The latest episode of Starz’s Survivor’s Remorse featured conversations that showed characters really digging deep into their thoughts, emotions and motivations.
Two Takes: The Catch “The Knock-Off”
Who can you trust? If this episode of The Catch was any indication, the answer is just about nobody. Betrayal was running rampant as Felicity (Shivani Ghai) arose from the dead to seduce-con Margot, Gretchen (Maria Thayer, Gotham, The Mindy Project) played gold-hearted Alice 2.0 before swindling Ethan, Tessa jumped…
What They Said: Top 3 Quotable Moments from Preacher “El Valero”
Both Quincannon and Jesse refuse to give up on what they each think is rightfully theirs. While Jesse is struggling to face the consequences of his actions, Quincannon has laid his past demons to rest and is hellbent on moving forward and putting Annville on the map again. Despite a…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Supergirl “Worlds Finest”
Oh, Supergirl. That ending was cold. But I can’t hate on you because the latest episode has quickly become one of my favorites.
What They Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Black Sails “XXIII”
The dialogue in “XXIII” is phenomenal. It’s always a fun ride when Black Sails carries its viewers along without giving them the chance to catch their breath. When an episode moves at this unforgiving pace, there is no chance for a breather nor is there a respite from the information…
What Lucifer Said: Favorite quotes from Supernatural “O Brother, Where Art Thou?”
Supernatural episodes are almost always funny but thanks to the dialogue and a certain man speaking said dialogue, I laughed a lot during “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” You know, when I wasn’t busy fearing for Sam’s life or wondering what in the world was going on with Dean and…
What They Said: The Flash, “Legends Of Today” and Arrow, “Legends Of Yesterday”
Two nights of Arrow +Â The Flash = what more could we ask for?! I don’t know what it is about blending these shows, but I canâ€™t help but feel that every time they come together, they somehow become greater than the sum of their parts. And thatâ€™s saying a lot…
What they Said: Top 4 Quotable Moments from Graceland “Little Bo Bleep”
Shoot outs. Fake outs. And long-awaited revelations. “Little Bo Bleep” was a jam-packed episode that wrapped up some loose ends and totally frayed others. Â It finally gave us one Sarkissian in jail and pulled back the curtain on Briggs’ master plan, but it also set up Jakes for a world…
What They Said: Favorite Quotes from Poldark “Part 4”
â€œWhat have I told you, I don’t require my wife to crochet and sip tea, but I do require her to remember she’s not a beast of burden.â€ No, Iâ€™m not talking about The Rolling Stones! I have to admit though, just for a second, the lyrics popped into my…
3 Moments of Goodness from Brooklyn Nine-Nine “Johnny and Dora”
The most satisfying part of this season’s finale has to the Jake and Amy kiss. Well, they kiss three times but the last one is the best one — and it means something. The Charles and Rosa dynamic was also great. I love how she’s convinced he doesn’t know anything…