WARNING: Spoilers for TV during the week of Jan. 8
The Emotional Attachment TV list is made up of the shows, moments, episodes, characters, and social media posts that register on our impact scale. They either pack quite the emotional punch during any given week of television. Or they leave us feeling nothing.
The scale is from 10 to 1. Here’s an idea of the attachment levels. Anything in between is of varying degrees:
The Emotional Attachment Scale
10 — No attachment. Nada.
5 — Medium attachment. Bordering on High.
1 — Highly attached. Slightly obsessed. Tears may occur.
Week of January 8, 2017
10 Jimmy Fallon hosts the Golden Globes. #NeverAgainPlease
9 FOX’s Star. #SorryCantDoIt
8 Comic-Con HQ’s Con Man.
Binged eight episodes. It’s such a well executed series that deserves to be watched. #WrayNerelyRules
7 Maddie apologizes to Deacon on CMT’s Nashville.
First Maddie has a great moment with Daphne where she asks her sister if she’s turning into a bitch. Daphne can’t lie. And then, after a talk with Rayna, the new intern repairs her fractured relationship with her dad. Last season, she said horrible things about him in court. In Season 5 episode 3, she apologizes sincerely and wholeheartedly. #ItsAboutTime
6 Supernatural‘s Jensen Ackles Instagrams his newly expanded family, cute-as-a-button twins and all. #BeyondAdorable
5 Blackish‘s Tracee Ellis Ross and Donald Glover/Atlanta win @ the Golden Globes. #HereForThis
4 One Day at a Time finale on Netflix.
In episode 13, Elena gets the Quinceanera she fought against in the first episode. It’s beautiful and caters to the woman she’s becoming. The drama comes when her father exits the party early because he can’t accept his daughter is gay. Doesn’t matter. Her mom, brother, Schneider and Dr. Berkowitz are there to support in a group hug/dance for the ages. #TearsofJoy
3 Michelle Obama surprises people after hearing how much she means to them on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Also, President Obama gives V.P. Joe Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom. #SoManyTears
2 Rumors of Days of our Lives‘ cancellation.
After the announcement of Megyn Kelly moving from Fox News to NBC, fans are wondering if this is going to be it for the veteran soap. As far as we’re concerned, this cannot happen to the NBC show that’s been on air for longer than 50 years. #SaveDays
1 ABC’s Blackish serves up its election-centric “Lemons” episode.
It’s as if the Blackish writers recorded real-life conversations before and since Trump won the electoral college vote. The actors brought those words to life beautifully. #PacksaPunch
- The CHiPS trailer. #NotFeelingIt
- Bravo’s Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce. Menopausal Abby comes back down to earth. In the season three premiere, she gets fired, deals with a heat flash, and has to say goodbye to the baby who has Taye Diggs for a dad. It all makes her more relatable than she was last year. #NiceStartToSeason3
- The pilots for The Arrangement and Famous in Love. These new E! and Freeform shows are a must for the DVR.
Arrangement starts in March and Famous premieres in April. #CantWaittoWatchMore
- The pplrs version of Duran Duran’s “Ordinary World” that played near the end of the Beyond season one finale. #perfection
- Being Mary Jane Season 4 premiere on BET. Mary Jane thinks she’s up next for anchor of Great Day USA. Turns out she was all wrong. #Crushed