[Warning: Spoilers for tonight's S5 premiere]
The wait is over. Tonight on ABC, Castle is finally back with new episodes.
And the best thing about it is that we get to see what happens the morning after Beckett and Castle hook up. Will they truly be a couple? Or are they going to talk themselves out of it? Here’s what you need to know about tonight’s episode, “After the Storm,” without giving too much away.
- There are tons of great Castle/Beckett moments. Fans of Rick and Kate are going to love the episode. They get to be funny, cute, sexy, supportive and protective. Not everything goes smoothly between them but it’s fun to witness them try to navigate life in this brave new world they’ve created.
- As expected, Ryan and Esposito are still at odds. The show is not ignoring what went down between the partners in the finale. Both guys are going to do what it takes to help Beckett but will they be on the same page again any time soon? That is the question here.
- No Lanie. It’s the premiere and the medical examiner is absent from the action. Hopefully, we’ll see her in the second episode. If it were up to us, she’d be in every single episode of Castle. We love Tamala Jones.
- There’s definite movement in the case of Beckett’s mom’s death. Things pick up from the finale and that’s what the focus is for the entire hour.
- Jack Coleman guest stars. Loved seeing the Dynasty and Heroes actor as a senator in re-election mode. It’s very interesting how he enters Beckett’s orbit. Coleman has also made recent appearances on The Vampire Diaries, The Office and Criminal Minds.
Castle “After the Storm” premieres on ABC tonight at 10/9c.
ABC “After the Storm” Promo