[WARNING: SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODE]
Some good and bad news about USA Network’s White Collar. The bad news: This first part of season 4 is almost over. There are only two episodes left before the show takes a bit of a break. The good news: the next two episodes are pretty powerful — with tonight’s packing quite the punch. Pun intended.
The synopsis for “Gloves Off”: In this ramp-up to the mid-season finale, Peter sends Neal undercover as a Wall Street stock trader. Neal discovers a White Collar boxing ring where traders fight for inside information. In order to take down the corrupt CEO, Peter and Neal must step out of the office and into the ring.
What to expect from from the episode:
- We get to see what’s on that tape that Neal was ready to play for Peter at the end of last episode (“Ancient History”). And it’s kind of emotional for Neal as well as for me. I admit I had a bit of an emotional reaction to it. Nothing major — just a tiny one.
- Trust continues to be a big issue between Peter and Neal. Their relationship is in a state of struggle and, right now, it begins and ends with Sam. The two partners have different ways of dealing with the Sam situation — and the case of the week as well. Will they ever be on the same page again?
- Shallow TV Alert #1: Victor Webster guest stars. I don’t know what to do with an episode of television that features both Webster and Matthew Bomer (as well as the deliciously sexy Tim DeKay). An embarrassment of riches over a massive amount of hotness.
- Shallow TV Alert #2: Since Peter and Neal have to fight each other in the ring, expect plenty of quality shirtless time. And, yes, that Magic Mike training has paid off for Bomer. Not that he wasn’t simply perfection before MM.
- We learn even more about Neal’s childhood — Sam tells a great story about Neal and his dad.
- There’s a scene where Peter and Neal are getting ready for their boxing match that’s really fun. Not on the level of the Peter/Sara “photo shoot” awesomeness of “Compromising Positions” but it’s still fun.
- But, of course, when the two actually get into the ring, things stop being fun and start getting real. You’ll have to tune in tonight to find out why.
White Collar “Gloves Off” airs tonight at 9/8c on USA Network.
The promo for “Gloves Off”
Clip from “Gloves Off”: Peter and Neal make a pact