[WARNING: SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT'S FINALE]
The Suits season 2 summer finale was surprising and unexpected. Everything I had imagined was nowhere near as crazy awesome as what went down in “High Noon.” The title was absolutely appropriate (in more ways than one) as the showdown at Pearson Hardman aka the O.K. Corral took front and center in the first few minutes of the show. Metaphorical guns were blazing and only one would survive: Jessica Pearson or Daniel Hardman. Which one would be peeling the other off the walls?
What we got was yet another hour of twists and turns and intense situations. A couple times I wanted to hit fast forward and race to the end so I could know exactly how things turned out so I wouldn’t worry so much. And while I wish the episode had ended another way, “High Noon” was worthy of a summer finale. And, yes, it’s definitely going to be a painful hiatus. I’ve got this entire first part of the second season on my DVR. Those episodes aren’t going anywhere. I’m going to need to do some major re-watching between now and whenever new episodes return, which needs to be sooner rather than later.
The USA Synopsis for “High Noon”: Harvey (Gabriel Macht) needs Mike’s (Patrick J. Adams) help as the battle for control of Pearson Hardman reaches its climax. But Mike drops off the grid following a dramatic turn in his personal life.
Here’s some of what to expect without trying to give anything away. The entire first half of the season has been leading to this. And the episode doesn’t pull any punches:
- The Managing Partner vote is decided early in the episode
- In the wake of grammy’s death, Mike’s in a world of trouble. This should come as no surprise to anyone. He dabbles in some old habits, causes a scene at the law firm (Harvey’s involved) and deals with this tremendous amount of guilt over not being there for his grandmother at the end. Plus, someone from his past comes back into play. And, we see a lot of Rachel being there for Mike.
- There’s a Harvey/Mike scene that’s so brilliant. It’s an instant classic. Harvey is there for Mike in a very un-Harvey way.
- Donna remains awesome.
- Louis remains his weasel-y self. Thankfully. He’s so much fun when he’s a weasel.
- We learn a little bit more about both Mike and Harvey.
- The end is a bit painful to watch but we’ll have to see how it all plays out when new episodes return.
Promo for “High Noon”
“High Noon” clip
The Suits season 2 summer finale airs tonight at 10/9c on USA Network.